ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Traction Control question

Turbos.
Since getting the 172 i have occasionaly been a bit exuberant with the old throttle and clutch leaving my wheels spinning on the spot! Thing is, shouldn't something stop that from happening (i.e power should be cut)?

I had a little drag from the lights with a Z4 3.0 this morning and the little Clio was all over the place! Shouldn't i have a blinking light or something letting me know the TC is doing its thing?

Mine is an import if that makes a difference.

Cheers!

172 Cup
have you got the button where the dashbord dimmer is? Turns the ESP off. kinda nr your right knee?!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I have a 51 plate 172. are there any possibilities of having the reno 172 TC system fitted?

Panthro said:
I have a 51 plate 172. are there any possibilities of having the reno 172 TC system fitted?

If you want another reason to continually take it back to Renault, then yeah go for it! ;)

Turbos.
I don't have a button! Oh well...

I wouldn't mind it just so i don't look like a tool, but then i guess its only practice needed.

Panthro said:
Best having other companies stuff fitted I forget the companies name but the Renault stuff isn't that good.

Yaris Hybrid
I posted a thread about a similar problem a while back. My TC is hit and miss. Sometimes I can wheel spin the entire length of the high street in the wet with no warning light or anything and other times its cutting in when I pull out of a junction. Can't figure it out.

Toypop said:
other times its cutting in when I pull out of a junction. Can't figure it out.

Mine was doing this (and more) had it at the dealers today and they re-set the brake pedal monitoring switch.