ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trade my 182 for trophy

Should i trade my 182 for a 182 Trophy?

Ive phoned my dealer and he recons theres about 100 left. Can anyone tell me the exact difference from my 182 with full cup pack to what the trophy has.

106 GTi

Main differences:

Sachs Suspension
Red Paint
Recaro Seats
V6 Rear Spolier
Grey Speedline Wheels.

No Climate control just Air con
No Xenons.
One Piece rear seat from 182 Cup

Racing Blue 182

suspension, bucket seats, sh*test rear seats i have ever seen, ITS RED, got different wheels, says trophy down the side, about 50mm higher, dats all as far as i know!!!!

Not worth trading cos you will loose so much

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by 182storm on 26 August 2005

without sounding too much like a girl (i am) what is sachs suspension?
Very expensive!

Remote oil resevoir meaning the damping rod can be thicker and therefore much stiffer...cost 10x standard units apparently.

Quote: Originally posted by 182storm on 26 August 2005

without sounding too much like a girl (i am) what is sachs suspension?
its french for ball sac renault make them out of frogs ball sacs cos there lighter and stronger then anything else.i wouldnt swap it would be nice to have the new ball sacs and nicer seats but not worth losing loads of cash over

Lee

BMW M2C

Im glad I swapped, Im chuffed to bits with the Trophy.

Only thing I would say is the ride is a lot stiffer. You feel every bump, but it handles like no FWD hatch has any right to, its an amazing little car.

Originally I reckon Id not have swapped if Id had to pay full price, but now having driven over 3k in the Trophy and done one track day I reckon I might have done after all.

It depends what you want from a car I suppose. The Trophy is the Clio I always wanted, I think it looks great, has the options Id pick and drives superbly.

Mercedes AMG GLE 53

I know its off topic but just in reply to leeshez i was in renault dealers yesterday and he said there are no more vees available.

Dunno whether thats right or not

172CUP/Fiesta supersport

I was in seeing my mate yesterday at the local renault franchise and he checked on the system at around 12.30 in the afternoon and there was 101 trophys left available but he also had a bloke coming in that day to finalise the purchase of the 1 on his forecourt so looks like 100 left as from friday afternoon.......better be quick:)

Cheers all. im going to keep my 182. dealer offfered me 8500 for mine so its going to cost me 5k for a trophy. touch wood ive had no problems with my baby so ill let her stay a bit longer..:D