ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Transfering save games from Xbox 360 to Xbox 360 Elite

182FF with cup packs
I just picked up a 360 Elite (Currys, £179 with 2 controllers, Pure and Lego Batman) to replace my current non-elite (only got a 20GB HD and no HDMI out :dapprove: ). the original Elite is going into the bedroom as a media station.

I'm not bothered about transferring any content (I can re-install forza3), I just want my save games tranferred over. Anyone know of any way of doing this without a memory stick?

Or am I just going ot have to go and buy a MS approved memory card?

Nothing at the mo :(
e-mail microsoft to get a free data transfer.. warning you through the waiting list is in the area of 2 months

Astra Twintop
try a local game shop (not Game) they might have a transfer lead.

mine did it for free :)

dk

911 GTS Cab
e-mail microsoft to get a free data transfer.. warning you through the waiting list is in the area of 2 months
no its not, i ordered one a few weeks ago and it was here within the week.

Only issue I have is that the cable works fine, the disc is scratched though so i can't use it. People have had the same issue and there is no fix, you ring up MS they ask you to fill out the form again and apply for one, you do that and they send you a letter saying you already have one.

Can't use the disc to create a copy either as my computer can't read it.

Going to have to go down the memory card route too, if you do this though you need to move the save games and not copy them to the memory card though, copying them won't work as you have to move the originals apparently.

182FF with cup packs
Going to have to go down the memory card route too, if you do this though you need to move the save games and not copy them to the memory card though, copying them won't work as you have to move the originals apparently.

If I read about the data transfer cable properly, it wipes the old hard drive right?

If you have to move your savegames instead of copying, then is there anyway to have them on more than one Xbox?

dk

911 GTS Cab
If I read about the data transfer cable properly, it wipes the old hard drive right?

If you have to move your savegames instead of copying, then is there anyway to have them on more than one Xbox?
correct, it does delete the data off the old hard drive, thats how they say its a one time thing, as you can't migrate to a smaller hard drive either, only bigger ones.

You cannot have your profile to be updated on more than one xbox, you can copy it to a memory card, take it to a mates house, play on your save game, then thats it, to have it live it needs to be moved to the memory card, which i guess you can do, then use it on the mates xbox and then move it back when you get home.