ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Transferring Renault Warranty

Black Gold 182
I'm looking to get a 182. If I get a car with a balance of the 3 year Renault warranty on it, what happens to the warranty when I buy the car?

Are there any conditions on the warranty remaining valid? Does the car need to have been serviced at an official Renault dealership for all its services?

For example, I've recently had a drive in a 05 plate 182 from an independent dealer. The 12k service was done at Renault but the 24k service (which was actually done at 19k) was done at an independent garage. The car has 10 months left of its official warranty.

Do I need to send Renault UK something to notify them of the change of owner to have the warranty transferred?

Cheers.

Any VAT registered garage so long as they use the Renault bits can service ita and stamp the book. Only risk is Renault outside of the proper warently are happier to pay out a % of the claim if the cars been enault serviced. None Renult service and they don't like to offer as much.

Warently on the car so nothing needs to be done.