ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Transitional period - 1.2 to 182!

Mondeo STTDCI

How long and how scary?

How did everyone else get on when moving up to faster cars?

Im a wee bit worried...can ya tell? lol

as long as ur not stupid with the power ull b fine

i went from a 1.2 8v to a 2.0 16v(with no traction control) and ive got used to it now, nearly got me a couple of times tho but ull learn how hard to accelerate wen u want to etc

Jay

Mondeo STTDCI

I will be very respectful of it. This much I have learnt from all the crashed cups!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by wackojacko on 28 April 2004
Give it a week before you want something faster.

172 certianly isnt fast enough for me!!

Took me about 2 weeks ;) now my 172 feels slow !

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 28 April 2004

Quote: Originally posted by wackojacko on 28 April 2004

Give it a week before you want something faster.

172 certianly isnt fast enough for me!!

Took me about 2 weeks ;) now my 172 feels slow !
Its a silver one, what do you expect. ;)

Give it a dam good thrashing, thatll liven it up a bit. It took mine almost 20k before it really got going.

I went from a 1.2 8v Mk1 Clio to a Williams 3.

Quite a jump.. heh.

Just have to think about it for a bit.. and dont just floor it everywhere.. because before you know it, youd normally be doing 60 in ya 1.2.. but in the 182 youll be doing a lot more speed.. and corners approach quicker!

dk

911 GTS Cab

i went from a 1.4 and after 2 weeks i was thinking, this thing isnt that fast is it, it doesnt feel anywhere near as fast as I thought, you will get used to it so quickly and the safety features will keep you on the road, what with those big tyres, esp and traction control all on you would need to really be acting like an idiot to get out of shape!

im going from 1.1 saxo to a 182 and the acceleration is out of this world compared to my saxo. will have to be carefull when i get it.

bring on the racers ( only joking)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

i went from a 1.2 to a metro to a 182

but i drive lots of different cars for work so the change wasnt too bad

If you like finding a cars limits, then watch out at first. The limits on a 1.2 are obviously lower and happen at lower speeds.

Just speaking from experience. The first fastish car i got after a tiny slow one, i wrapped it round a lamppost because i was previously used to easily finding the limits of adhesion and grip. When searching for new ones, it all went wrong.

Take care and youll be fine. Know your own limits as a driver, even though the cars limits will be a lot higher.

theres a lot of limits in that. ;)

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

DONT WORRY!

but the only thing ull notice is how good the throttle response is on more powerfull clios. my mums galant v6 is nuts, if u go along in 1st at 3000rpm then floor it it just spins everywhere!!!!

take it easy for a while... but ull find it hard!