ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Transmission noise and shaking steering wheel on over run [video]

2003 Clio 172
Yesterday I experienced a noise from the gearbox(?) while cruising. In gear or not, engaged clutch or not, doesn't make a difference.
I doubt it's the clutch bearing as there is never any noise while engaging the clutch either stationary or on the run.
This morning it had become even louder and now the steering wheel shakes as well. Whenever I blip either the brake or the accelerator it disappears right away as can be heard in the video.
Clutch is fine, engine pulls and I've never had difficulties selecting a gear. In short, car works fine other than the noise on over run!

2003 Clio 172
I couldn't believe it myself but turns out it was just loose wheel bolts. Do I feel stupid now but couldn't be happier now that I don't have to fork out for a new box.:smile:

Thank you for your answers though!