ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trax 2018 ?

Nimbus Grey 197
What happened

I remember going to Trax and CS.net being one of the biggest stands there.

This year we where supposed to have 8 cars the stand could only fit 4 realistically but had 6 there and sadly I have no idea where the other 2 cars where. as the guys on stand said (sorry I didn't get your names) its not even like there was another Clio stand about bar RS197/200.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Didn't go think trax has had its day tbh traders get less every year only ones selling cheap tat seem to be attending last time I went.

Nimbus Grey 197
Didn't go think trax has had its day tbh traders get less every year only ones selling cheap tat seem to be attending last time I went.

they had about 4 stands selling the same KODE s**t this year.. rubbish gear knobs nos cushions and fake harnesses. I spent the most time in the Corbeau shop sitting in my new seat..

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Sadly there was very little interest in TRAX this year. The biggest issue is bizzarely they always stop selling club tickets a month before the show and a lot of people decide to go to a show like this more last minute.

It's not just us though, if you look at the club attendances all round, all of the other Renault clubs didn't reach the 5 car minimum attendance limit at all, apart from the one FB group you mentioned.

I think the show has probably had it's day now to be honest.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I went last year and it's not my thing at all. If there had been a big attendance list on here I'd have gone for the craic but without that there's no reason to go imo.

Nimbus Grey 197
Sadly there was very little interest in TRAX this year. The biggest issue is bizzarely they always stop selling club tickets a month before the show and a lot of people decide to go to a show like this more last minute.

It's not just us though, if you look at the club attendances all round, all of the other Renault clubs didn't reach the 5 car minimum attendance limit at all, apart from the one FB group you mentioned.

I think the show has probably had it's day now to be honest.

sadly I think your right i've been going for ages and its been getting more expensive for less stuff at least you now get a tshirt or hoody for your ticket so its not a complete wast .

I was about to add how i look forward to the show year after year and its one of the better ones i go to and plan months in advance (FCS is better) however I didn't even clean my car and felt it was a hassle to go to this year timing and family reasons.

So hopefully not but looks like next year Ill be going to FCS and what ever VAG shows the mrs wants to go to and lodes of trackdays again..

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
sadly I think your right i've been going for ages and its been getting more expensive for less stuff at least you now get a tshirt or hoody for your ticket so its not a complete wast .

I was about to add how i look forward to the show year after year and its one of the better ones i go to and plan months in advance (FCS is better) however I didn't even clean my car and felt it was a hassle to go to this year timing and family reasons.

So hopefully not but looks like next year Ill be going to FCS and what ever VAG shows the mrs wants to go to and lodes of trackdays again..

If FCS was better it must of been real s**t at trax !! Last time I went to FCS I had seen it all inside 2 hours easy !!
VW shows much better imo vag tuner live on here and gtibfestival at pod are great shows.

Clio 182
Trax last year was the worst show I’ve ever seen.
Just a car park full of people wondering where the actual show itself is.
I wouldn’t go for free

I've not been for years, I do like seeing the pics on here though. Sadly I think it's a bit of a chav fest. ?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I went this year for the first time in years, I wish I hadn't have bothered the only good bit was the convoy getting there. The trader stalls were hilarious, most of the cars were f**king hilarious and the people even worse!

Whos silver Clio blew up on track? It was an impressive smoke cloud!

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Went last 3 years, getting more like a car park each time.
All the Club forums I am on seem to be commenting the same, its not so much of a show, rather than an expensive car park lot

Quite enjoyed FCS this year tho, and Cliosport festival was fabulous, but wow, 220 miles away from me. Will still go next year if my Phase 1 still going

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I turned up at 10am and no space for me to park up on the stand so just abandoned the Kangoo next to the show & shine. Trade stands were gash as usual. Ticket price is getting to be a joke now, they must have made a fortune to be fair with the amount of cars on the stands.

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
I went with cs.net last year, and it felt as though it had gone downhill a little bit. Went just as a trip out this weekend and it’s not quite like it used to be, track etiquette seemed down again with the occasional plonker drifting in the middle of a group of cars and generally driving lift dafties.
Worst part was, there was no dominoes van. Was really looking forward to an overpriced dominoes for my lunch