ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trax, worth going?

work for BMW
never been to a car show, but i might be going to trax this sunday, will it be worth going? what should i expect there?

Cellulite ridden orange whores in small Lycra outfits surrounded by salivating, sportswear and lizzy duke equipped knuckle draggers from council estates covering the length and breadth of the country.

Clio182, 88'Scirocco
The best ones are the ones at car park cruises, lycra outfits pushing their kid in a pram

SG9 Forester STi
They are right about the dodgy promo girls and the few questionably styled cars but you get that at any show these days.

I think Trax is really good! Always enjoy the atmosphere and the camping the night before is always a laugh.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
put it this way mate you still get to see tits ready to pop out and asses that are hardly covered. besides there is a few hotties walking about promo or not haha. but thats not really what you go for. i think the show itself is pretty good a good mix of cars around and then the track action with the drift cars is great.

Listerine & Poledo
what should i expect there?

Children with chav cars.

Middle aged blokes with chav cars that should know better.

Rough birds with flesh out to try to distract from face.

Fat birds with chavvy cars.

The mandatory bass-demonstrator van from one ICE company or another.

Lots of willy waving, precious little intelligence

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Children with chav cars.

Middle aged blokes with chav cars that should know better.

Rough birds with flesh out to try to distract from face.

Fat birds with chavvy cars.

The mandatory bass-demonstrator van from one ICE company or another.

Lots of willy waving, precious little intelligence

hmmm let me guess.. your over 30?

Listerine & Poledo
You're right, it changes nothing.

Unless it's an international car show with manufacturers and concept cars about, I really dont see the attraction of these shows.

May as well wander around Carcraft all day, keeping an eye out for "hot" sales agents.

Hell, you might even walk away with a car!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
i can see your point. but i think its unfair to say that pretty much everyone going is a chav or a slapper.
im going because its a good day out for me plenty to see and keeps me off my ass. also im sure it has more to offer than carcraft ;)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
To be fair to Goodj, his post was pretty much spot on. Shows though, like most events, can be what you make of them. Just go and enjoy it.

it was i agree there is all of them typres of people there cant deny that, But its not only full with them people. i reffered to him being old as most old misserable farts point out all the negatives and no positives exactly like he did..

Listerine & Poledo
One that isn't ruined too.

Dunno, I went to some car supermarket a few months ago and nearly everything had some sort of "mod"..... typically an aftermarket scuff on the wings, or OEM+ blemishes in the upholstery.

These seemed to affect the resale value in the same way as, for instace, a set of coilies.

SG9 Forester STi
Yes Goodj you are right lol.

I however go every year just because it's a car show and you do get some nice cars to look at. It's good to meet members from the club again on the stand and I like the camping the night before. It's one of my favourite shows of the year.

I don't go for the chubbies in florescent fishnets and those gay tutu things.

Last edited:
  work for BMW
hahah im excited about going now with all this positivity!
adam1 are you going? where are you parking?

Haters hating, if you want to go then go, I personally enjoy it because camping is a right laugh and there is a good atmosphere, its kind of what you make it, but id recommend it yeah :)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Hell, you might even walk away with a car!

These guys went to a show and achieved the same ;)

Yesterday the Japspeed 1JZ Subaru was stolen from the Performance Vauxhall Show at Santa Pod Raceway. The car was last seen (video after the jump) heading south down the M25 near Heathrow at 7:45pm last night. If you have any information please contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Arctic Blue 182ff
Haha, anyone that goes to a CAR show for the women are doing it all wrong. Sadly, many thousands do, the same bunch that buy the mags, I've no doubt. I went a few years ago, and am going again this year. Why? Well it's not to see some of the tatty cars or indeed the tatty women. I go for the track time at one of the UKs best circuits, the drifting (BDC this year) which is always very good, and to look at some of the better and unique selection of cars on view.

There is a lot of crap cars there, but then my standard 182 will be on the club stand, which is borderline 'crap' depending on your point of view, horses for courses. I shall enjoy myself for a few hours, decent trip away :)

MK2 Clio
It's a bunch of girls wearing underwear (not the fat ones the semi attractive ones) and a lot of nice cars. well worth it imo

Mini Cooper S
Clouder - LOL, good genuine reply. I'm going for the same reasons too. Cheap whores add to the experience ;)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
For a tenner its well worth it... last year was freezing and it was still good fun... fair play though if you want a warm bed! Haha

hmmm warm soft bed.. bumpy hard floor, Warm soft bed.. bumpy hard floor, Warm soft bed.. bumpy hard floor ;)

Clio 172
Trax is one of the better shows as its more performance orientated. Yes theres always gonna be gash show cars, chavs etc, but there are also some very well put together show cars that are a very high standard. IMO its worth going. My main reason for going is track time at Silverstone

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Lol at the car show snobbery from a clio forum.... Car shows arent really my thing but I think I will be taking my car down there for some track time. Yes there will be some chavs there but there will also be alot of decent cars going aswell. Alot of cars from the m3cutters forum I go on are going so it wont all be saxo's