ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trax, worth going?

work for BMW
is there going to be a special clio carpark we can park or is it just the normal carparks for us?

172 Cup, R32 GTR etc
Hmmmm obviously theres a few people who have not been Trax. Its by far the best allround show in the UK.

So quickly yes there are some chav cars and theres a trade area with some clunge or bad clunge lol but its a performance car show. How on earth is my Skyline R32 GTR Chavy? If anythink my Clio 172 Cup is Chavy!!!!

Back on track, there is lots of track action and if you booked in advance or if you are able to buy track time, you can take your car on the famous circuit. There is a 0-60 test strip, so you can see what your car will do 0-60 in. Lots and lots of car club stands to have a butchers at.
I think theres posibly some drifting on this year (I havnt checked to be fair) and again usually a supercar area.

Well worth a trip to Trax if your going to go any car show

Baz

RS6 C7
Spent all day cleaning my car saturday and by the time i got to trax it was a right state! it was still hammering down and a really could be bothered to clean it haha. Some lovely clios there, My favourites were probably the black mk3 on bbs splits, dans ph1 172, Brians ly 200 and the v6 in the funny blue colour (sorry for my ignorance colour wise but i loved it).

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Was a good day, always nice to see regulars as well as a few I've never met/spoken to. I think the weather scared off a few people though!

I didn't take many pics, so here's just one. Not sure what he was doing tbh

e72f1911.jpg

See some of you next year!!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Was a good day, popped into the tent and met Seb and Tom (thought I'd better make a effort seeing as I'd been in the club for about 3 years now lol)

Had a chat with a few people from the club about my car (one chap even recognised me from one of my cars mag appearances lol I'm famous)

Sorry to the Welsh lads I was chatting to having to keep asking you to repeat yourselves, I was having trouble with your accents lol

And good to meet 'stacky', hope the AA didn't keep you waiting to long, good luck sorting the Gearbox out mate.

Cheers to all of Admin yet again for organising one of if not the best put together stand if the show.

J

CBR1000RR Fireblade
i had a look round the CS stand, it was a very big turn out!

i couldnt see anyone that i recognised but i did stick my head in the tent. unfortunately the people in the tent looked at me like i had thrown poo at them so i just wondered on and watched terry grant go round in circles.

it wasa very good day though

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Terry Grant? Again? Really?

I think we've all seen enough of him for the rest of our lives.

Trax was best in '09, when Ken Block was there

RS6 C7
^ Just about to say the same. Lost interest at the first show of the day and when he did the second which was identical pretty much i descided to leave haha, Best bit was when he broke the evo.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
the terry grant show was alright for 2 mins. then it got very repetitive. its like drifting, it bores me after 5 minuets

Albi Blue 197
Was a great day! I went on track and the track was pretty damp! Car got a bit back end happy at times but i still loved it :D - Showed that MT185 Fiesta ST whos boss :p. Got a wicked snap shot of my car going round too :) Im definitely going back next year! Only thing that was downer on the day was the weather! But thats england for ya! (Been a terrible summer :( - )

In summary, s**t weather, horrendous promomonstersluts, Rotas, Rotas and more f**king Rotas and the CS stand was unsurprisingly full of Turini's and 2118's. Highlight was the drifting tbh.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
In summary, s**t weather, horrendous promomonstersluts, Rotas, Rotas and more f**king Rotas and the CS stand was unsurprisingly full of Turini's and 2118's. Highlight was the drifting tbh.

Couldn't of summed it up better! Along with Terry Grant going round in circles every half an hour. Was a pure Rota fest, although they do look the sex on some cars.

The year of block was the best yeah, this year was pretty awful, unless something special is booked for next year, I won't be going again.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
omg im shattered!!!1st event ive shot for a while, forgot how much running around it involves haha!! day went so quick i ddint get to even wander round most of the show including the club stands. The rain was a bit crap but soon cleared up after making me look like a drowned rat. didnt really see any cars that made me go wow... maybe im showing my age haha.

Listerine & Poledo

Not enough Stance to placate you I notice.

Stance is irrelevant, the quality of the cars and mods were abysmal on the whole. There was plenty of stance kicking about but I don't rate a ratty old shitbox with mangled arches and shitty rotas just because it's low.

Listerine & Poledo
Stance is irrelevant, the quality of the cars and mods were abysmal on the whole. There was plenty of stance kicking about but I don't rate a ratty old s**tbox with mangled arches and s**tty rotas just because it's low.

What about if it was a JDM Miata? ;)

I can easily imagine that a lowz n stance Cavalier is still a pile, no matter how quickly it can eat tyres and lose bodywork

200 FF Storm Grey
Was an alright show, I'm going on cliosport stand next year though, go on a stand of my mates but we always end up some where naff even though the range of cars is probably one of the best there, you men had one of the best spots bang in the centre