ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trendline plastics removal

Had a quick look today at removing the plastic cover on the back but due to not wanting to break anything i gave up, does anyone know how to remove it safely ?

Thanks

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have spoke to the garage about these and they have said its a bit of a c**t if you don't know what you are doing.

Best i can do is give you Renault Parts pictures and OE part numbers

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
@MarcR™ that'll be great, anything that might give me an idea helps.

Cheers

Here you go

33m1uub.png

25s5t9k.png

2aj1a1x.png

b96efm.png

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
@Nickson you've taking apart your trendline's havent you? iirc
I have indeedy!
Removing the rear plastic cover requires basically stripping the seat down to bare metal (the backrest part anyway).
2pf4.jpg

hn8p.jpg

Start by carefully, and I mean carefully, peeling back the seat cover around the edges, making sure to keep hold (or pop back on) any of the metal clips that help to hold it on.
Pop out the plastic harness eyelets.
Keep working your way around the cover, making sure to free off any sections around the edge where it may be clipped on. Don't forget about the bottom of the cover where it tucks underneath from the front to the back. For this, I found it easiest to adjust the seat so it was leaning all the way forward and release it from the back.
If I remember correctly, the centre of the seat cover, the seam where the leather bolsters transitions into the alcantara, there are spines and more metal clips which attach to the metal frame (IIRC) through the yellow seat foam. (By this point the cover should be loose with just the centre holding it on - all of this is from memory, so please don't take it as gospel, just general guidelines). Carefully pop all of these clips off, which should release the cover itself, just pull it off of the seat.
Additionally, I've just noticed there are clips around the "Recaro" branded leather part as you can see in the image below, again, clipping to the plastic cover on the rear of the seat. Take care when popping these off.
You should then be left with the yellow foam and the remainder of the seat.
48lx.jpg

Slide the yellow foam off (I can't remember how easy this part was, but it probably wasn't too difficult!)
Then pop the plastic backrest and slide & tilt handles off of each side.
Then there should be 4 or so screws and a few hooks holding the plastic cover on.
Voila.
I did mine just to fix the slide and tilt mechanism by replacing the cable. Hell of a job, but worth it (IMO) once it's finished and back together!
Feel free to PM me if you need any help!
Best of luck!

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
I've not got a clue personally,but that guide above looks useful.
If all else fails take them to the trimmers.

Jon