ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trial Fitted

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
So received the spoiler and thought I would trial fit it.
Some masking tape rolled back on itself was enough just to hold it in place while I managed some pictures.

No matter how you look at it one minute its dark and then the next its light, The colour of the spoiler changes and matches the car from one angle and then from the next its totally off and different.

IMG_3105.JPG
IMG_3106.JPG
IMG_3107.JPG
IMG_3108.JPG
IMG_3109.JPG
IMG_3110.JPG

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
There is loads of people say it looks cheap and looks like it’s a knock off even though it’s a genuine Renault part.

What do I do, pay silly money for a cup spoiler that I don’t really like and have to drill my newish tailgate or fit a painted spoiler that’s not too bad and is genuine that can be removed if and when needed.

not going to follow the sheep 🐑

6E0C9ACE-F0BE-4A61-A4AF-B24AAED5A61A.jpeg

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
There is loads of people say it looks cheap and looks like it’s a knock off even though it’s a genuine Renault part.

What do I do, pay silly money for a cup spoiler that I don’t really like and have to drill my newish tailgate or fit a painted spoiler that’s not too bad and is genuine that can be removed if and when needed.

not going to follow the sheep 🐑

View attachment 1570465
Just don’t put one on🤷🏻‍♂️

photo_ed

ClioSport Club Member
  200 Cup, 182 Trophy
In my opinion that spoiler really doesn't suit the car and as others have said it looks a bit cheap and nasty, it looks very angular which for me doesn't sit well with the rest of the car. I personally prefer the 197/200 shape without a spoiler myself, but each to their own, if you like it Marc, go for it!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Some masking tape rolled back on itself was enough just to hold it in place while I managed some pictures.

That fitment though.

It's a hard pass from me.

View attachment 1570816

If you actually read the opening post you would see that it was "Trail Fitted" and I stated it was put on with some masking tape rolled back on itself so its never going to sitting perfectly as its not been attached correctly / bonded or bolted on.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
If you actually read the opening post you would see that it was "Trail Fitted" and I stated it was put on with some masking tape rolled back on itself so its never going to sitting perfectly as its not been attached correctly / bonded or bolted on.
I did read it thanks. But if you look at the angles either way when it's properly bolted down its never going to line up properly. Where the gap is on my screenshot, if that gap is removed on blue there will be a gap on the green scribble...
Screenshot_20211217_213402.jpg