ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trim rattles / warranty

Polo + Micra

im sure i read a sign in cardiff renault that it was covered for something like 2 months

BMW 120i Sport

oh arse, mine was rattle free (6 months old) until about a month ago when it developed one from behind the dash/instrument cluster.

It comes and goes, but would have been good to get it fixed.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Im sure you must be covered :confused:

I had mine looked at during its first year,and it was no problem,they use a guy who comes in especially to do rattles and he identified mine and sorted it within 5 minutes.

My rattle was behind the climate contol area or below that,somewhere around there anyway and he said it was a loose relay or something.:confused:

Anyway he sorted it and its been fine since :D

Never realised it could be fixed! Im on my third Clio in 5 years and rattles are part of the experience :D

Now I have a 172 Cup I can add a whistling door mirror to the list (but sadly no sunroof rattle anymore), you cant say the Clio doesnt have character!

[Edited by ukaskew on 18 May 2005 at 9:47pm]

Astra VXR 17/05/07

I couldnt bring myself to accept that rattles were part of it or add character,sod that for a game of soldiers.I would not accept any new car having rattles,not to the degree mine was anyway.Booking it in was justified when the guy found a problem.

Was in my local Renault and there were taking the piss of a guy that had just handed his car in, he was moaning about rattles comming from the dash area

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 18 May 2005

Was in my local Renault and there were taking the piss of a guy that had just handed his car in, he was moaning about rattles comming from the dash area
shows what w**kers they can be doesnt it

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 18 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 18 May 2005

shows what w**kers they can be doesnt it

Agreed :mad:

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 18 May 2005

I couldnt bring myself to accept that rattles were part of it or add character,sod that for a game of soldiers.I would not accept any new car having rattles,not to the degree mine was anyway.Booking it in was justified when the guy found a problem.
Fair enough, especially with a new car. Anything serious I would obviously get sorted but a rattle or squeek I tend to switch off from, a day of my car being with Renault mechs is 50 or so miles of grin inducing pleasure lost. Ive only got this beauty for 3 years until Im a poor boy with a mortgage so every day counts!

BMW 120i Sport

How do they test for rattles that come and go? Do they put the car on a vibrating platform or something?

I wouldnt trust a Renault garage to sort rattles on my car - I too wonder if the test for rattles would involve some monkey giving your car a right good seeing to, hitting all the potholes to find the rattles!

Im happy (most of the time...) just living with mine. Just turn up yer music!

Suzuki SV1000S

You have to just go in there and ask mate. I had them remove the whole of the dask and replacement some air con pipes( iirc) to sto pthe dash from rattling. That was covered under warranty and was done after about 1 and a half years.

172 cup

I have a 172 cup and my last car was a pug 306, so ive just accepted the fact that french people are lazy and cant build rattle free cars. If a few minor rattles bothered me that much id have bought a VW or something like that.