ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trip computer and heater go to night mode

Whenever i put my foot on the brake when the lights are not on the trip computer and the heater go dim like when the lights are on. i turned the lights on to compare and it looks the same so i am reluctant to say that its the battery or the altinator. a friend of mine said that it could be a short somewhere or a fuse.

if anyone could help then thanks :)

MERCEDES CLS AMG
No - this is on the passenger side above the bonnet release handle ( up behind inside of dash ) Its a sealed unit and you cant repair them. Unplug it - leave it for 5 minutes and reconnect it. The problem may go away. If not a new one is £197.19 + vat part number 8200621763. You cant fit a used one as there coded to the key and ECU.

Do not take this as a definite diagnosis but its a very common fault. Always have an auto elec check things over before you commit to buy anything.

01013438_1.png

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Bugger, this sounds similar to my problem before it packed up completely.
Been off the road for 2 weeks now.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Not sure yet, it's still not working.

I need to get it towed to garage, but I snapped my towing eye, just waiting for the new one to turn up in post.