ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trip Computer

MK2 172
When the petrol light came on the other day I was not worried as the trip computer said I had only used 9 gallons of petrol of a full tank. Loads left I thought so just kept on driving for another @30 miles till I had used 9.9 gallons. Then I thought I would check it using the dash test thing which tells you how many litres I have left. But that told me I had 0 litres left!! So thinking I was just about to run out I went and filled up. I put in 49.39 litres (@10.9Gal). How the heck can the trip computer be out by 1 gallon, I thought it was supposed to be accurate. Oh and 99.9 for SUL at Sainsburys, I thinks its about time we learn how to protest like the French.

172cup
its all taken from you avg MPG... if you rag the tits out of your car & average <20mpg... the fuel light will come on with 1/6 tank left

when the fuel light comes on.... check how many miles you have left, as shortly after it'll go to -----. Then just remember that figure, and reset your trip til you have used them all up. And then hope & pray your just pulling into a petrol station.

A4 Avant & A3
yep.. mine reads ----- when the light comes on...
don't usually get down to the dashed line, but on occasions when i'm feeling lazy & can't be arsed to fill her up.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
The fuel function on mine was out by 15%. I'd regularly see siyuations like the trip computer saying I'd used 33 litres, then the "empty" ligh'd come on and it'd take 41-42 litres to fill it up.

I asked the dealer to look at it. Now its "only" out by 8%.

Accurate is the last word I'd use for the trip computer.

Bloody Renaults.

And to think people used to be able to just fill up by using judgement alone…..and without any help from computers telling them exactly when!! :S ;)

A4 Avant & A3
^^^ damn right..

I remember my old 50cc motorbike.. either look in the petrol tank, or guess work lol, but the it was only like £5 to fill the thing to overflowing (Hmm that was a fair few years ago now!)

Leon Cupra 300
i generally get about 310 miles from a tanks, and costs 42 or so quid to fill on cheap stuff, always says i have about 40 or 50 miles left even though the needle is right into the red!

ex Clio 172 owner :(
310 miles from £42? How?

I put £45 of Optimax in a week and driving casual I get about 280 miles. That's at about 33mpg.

I drove it REALLY gentle all last week and got 38mpg and 310 miles.

Do you drive so gentle all the time?

Leon Cupra 300
Most of my mileage is motorway at 80mph so keeps it pretty high. Any other driving is through town, if i ever get to a back road i get stuck behind a caravan or a f**king tractor so jus leave in 5th, think of it as a good 2nd hand buy

BMW M135i
I managed ~300 to a tank over the last two weeks, worst result ever. Probably because the AC hasn't really been off much, might be cold with it on but looks like i'm paying for it.
300 miles in two week is a record low miliage for me, finally looks like i'm starting to do less miliage thank god.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
I have been driving mine gently lately and the results have been amazing. 350 miles since the last fill up, put in optimax at 101.9 and only cost me £42. was very pleased. It was driving very very cautiously but was onl on the way to/from work so I dont mind then. still give it a bit of a thrash on a weekend