ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trip/ fuel gauge

my Cup had the fuel light come on so i though hmmmn strange. Gauge read at the bottom but the trip said id used 7.8 gallons! id done 286 miles. Went and filled up and could only put 40 litres in.

I thought the light should only come on when youre down to the last gallon? miles left in the tank was ---- so i thought best not risk it.

Any ideas?

Renault Laguna Coupe

Thats odd. Was it parked on level ground? Parking on a slope or with the wheels up on a kerb can cause this.

mine does the same m8, really wierd,i thought bugger it ill ignore it got to 10 gallons used and the bloddy thing conked out!!!

even when completely empty struggled to get 45 litres in.

light usually comes on about 8.5-9 gallons used,when mileage thing goes blank - - - - ive done about 60 miles before refuelling.

now when light comes on i stick some petrol in sharpish,not worth running out on way to work!!(again):oops:

and there was me thinking i was going to get well into the 300miles a tank territory!

How accurate is that average per gallon reading? Mines not been under 36 all tank but didnt get near it at all in reality.