ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trip resetting!!

Monaco 172 sport
It seems every now and then on engine start my car resets the trip comp anyone else having this happen ? Anyone know what it is?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Ah good one will look in to that anyone know a cheap place for a battery?

Halfords with Trade Card is £42 for the Calcium battery (HCB63 IIRC)...shame your not still down here as could have gotten you one with my card.

Renault Clio Sport Ph2
I'm having the same problem with my phase2 rs. Seems to only happen when it's cold outside. Last few days we had a lot of sun and it didnt go below 10 degrees at night so the computer kept its memory. But if its colder and I park it for more then 10 minutes or so, when restarting everything goes back to 0. The trip computer (all values) and the day counter (dont know if its the correct word in english? its to odometer right after the total miles/kilometers on the display).

The battery is fine, it always starts without troubles. Also the voltage is good, 12.4v without a running motor and 14.4 with a running engine. So it cant be broken right? Any other ideas what could be the problem?

A4 Avant
Mine started first time everytime, changed the battery though and the trip computer was perfect afterwards.

Chelsea tractor
I'm having the same problem with my phase2 rs. Seems to only happen when it's cold outside. Last few days we had a lot of sun and it didnt go below 10 degrees at night so the computer kept its memory. But if its colder and I park it for more then 10 minutes or so, when restarting everything goes back to 0. The trip computer (all values) and the day counter (dont know if its the correct word in english? its to odometer right after the total miles/kilometers on the display).

The battery is fine, it always starts without troubles. Also the voltage is good, 12.4v without a running motor and 14.4 with a running engine. So it cant be broken right? Any other ideas what could be the problem?
Mine was fine at starting for about 6 months when the trip computer / clock kept resetting, it started first time every time and the voltage was fairly spot on. One day the battery just suddenly died! Not bad for an 8 year old battery tbh ;) Popped a new battery in and it was perfect again.

Renault Clio Sport Ph2
Well, if you look at it like a normal battery it does make sense in a way. Lower temperatures lowers the capacity of a battery, in a camera but probably also in a car. Maybe it goes just below the voltage required for the trip computer. But that would be a pretty bad design, you would expect everything to keep working if the voltage is 12v or higher.

Megane 2 GT 165
I drove around with that for a year never had any problems starting.
Just leave your lights on for 5-10 minutes incl radio, without a running engine and you can't start anymore. :S
Renault messured my battery ok but when diagnosing my problems with rear demister, it was dead in 5 minutes.

Monaco RS Clio 172
mine does this too and has been for 8 months lol

confuses me for 1 reason

my stereo loses no settings, and no it isn't hdd controlled/stored, loses if you kill the battery, surely this uses more power to store than a few mileage variables?

you think a simple hard drive type unit / memory card idea would be used for both tbh, given they are cheap as chips and would mean even if you left the battery off for a year they would still remember your last milegae and/or settings

may change this before I end up not being able to start it

E90 320d M Sport
Halfords with Trade Card is £42 for the Calcium battery (HCB63 IIRC)...shame your not still down here as could have gotten you one with my card.

Can you get me one with your card haha

I'm having this exact same problem just my Oil OK does not disappear either :(

Other than this trip computer everything is fine, no issues with the stereo etc.