ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Triple. What pad?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Scrooge gally

Kyle has been kind enough to donate some triple but I'm not sure what pad is best to use. (I'm starting to become a bit of a triple ponce lol)

I only have three polishing pads. I've got the 3 standard Megs ones (black, yellow and red) and I've also got one light blue hex pad.

Which one is going to be best out of the 4 to use with triple?

Also, would there be any be any benefit in using some Prima amigo before or after the triple?

I really do need to get some more kit in my armoury! lol

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I don't know the colour coding on megs pads, but use which ever is the softest / least aggressive.

Not much point in using amigo afterwards because triple is quite filler heavy as it is. It wouldn't hurt though if you really want to.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I think amigo fills better than tripple. I think it's also a better base for lsp. Not that tripple isnt great, it is

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Replied in the thread mate.

Regarding tripple I like White hex for bite, but I just can't get Tripple to work well via machine. Dries, doesn't spread.

Smaller areas are probably best but Lime Prime just works so well as the oils just speed things up. I throw some EZ creme in my mix for slickness. Really makes a difference.

I've even used LP when using Menz for correction work, keeps the pad working and aslong as you double panel wipe down to check the fillers and oils should cause no issue.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I think orange green & white hex are very handy to have in the pad collection. Once I get my DA im gonna try the menz stuff. Ill end up getting the kestral das6 with the AF correction pack

Will defo be good to practice with your G220 dave :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hex are definitely winner via DA. :) Experiment away!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I think orange green & white hex are very handy to have in the pad collection. Once I get my DA im gonna try the menz stuff. Ill end up getting the kestral das6 with the AF correction pack

Will defo be good to practice with your G220 dave :)

I think the brushes are going but there's a spare set in the bag ;)

Hex are definitely winner via DA. :) Experiment away!

Next step is a rotary :)