ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tripod - recommendations

Bus w**ker
Morning,
Seeing as my Manfrotto piece of crap has decided to fall to bits, well worth the £200+ :(, I need a new one. Tempted by a Redsnapper RS-283 or the RS-324 (both with RSH-12 ball head), as they get good reviews over on TP and 10% discount off them too, not really considering Manfrotto after the disaster of my last one but I'll look in to any that people can recommend really.

Price wise it's not really an issue, but as I'm not really using my camera anywhere near as much as I should or used to I'm looking more towards the £100 region but will go higher for one that really is worth the price tag.

It will be used with a gripped 500D and a range of lens some including telephoto and where possible I'd prefer to buy one with a head included and have the ability to go low down.

Can't think of owt else.

Ta,

Sy

koi

Audi S1
I have the Redsnapper with the pistol grip head, build quality is pretty good. Would have preferred the camera mount to be metal but it does the job I guess.

Though the Manfrottos were meant to be bomb proof, what happened to it?!?

Bus w**ker
I had the 190something carbon fibre jobbie with a pistol grip head, came as part of a kit from B&H in NYC. It's no doubt plummeted in price now and TBH it was good whilst it lasted, but for the money and with Manfrotto's rep I expected it to last for longer than it did especially for what I paid. Ended up with the lever lock thing snapping on one of the legs rendering the whole thing useless and when I decided to take it apart there was a crack in one of the legs too. So it now lives on as a pikie in car mount for track days, using the centre column and head.

Because of this I'm now wary of spunking out cash on another Manfrotto for possibly the same thing to happen again. I don't expect things to last forever but if I can get the same or similar build quality from, for example, a Redsnapper for half the price I can't really justify spending more money just for a big brand name.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I bought a £12 Hama Star 12 (or something) from Amazon... fairly impressed for the dollarage ! :cool:

Sack paying >£200 for a tripod ! :dapprove: