ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TroFail Finished! - New Wheels/Seats/Lowish

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
For bugger all extra could of got Hankook V12's. Genuinely sad state of affairs.

Money wasnt the issue tbh, supply was, didnt want to have to buy 2 sets of tyres in case i get a puncture lol. In addition, RS2's are being replaced within the next 6 months or so, & im an4l about having matching tyres all round!! I can get T1R's down the local cornership if i have a problem ...

I find there lack of grip amusing anyway, track days are about fun not speed (mostly). Paddock Hill bend at Brands is supposed to be taken sideways though yeah?

Finished?! Rly? I don't believe that for one second....

;)

Its finished until it blows up & Budgie wangs a Meggy engine in it. Booooooooooost.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I said v12's. Not rs2's. Can you not hear me down there?
I agree re. grip, hence me never using R888's these days.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I'm going to get a pair of RS2's for mine shortly, my pe2's are still good on the rear but fancy exploring the grip levels of the hankooks plus some negative camber :D

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I know, my typo. RS2's & V12's have the same supply issues though unfortunately :(

Chris - your want for unmatching tyres upsets me.
Buy 10. Problem solved. Low tyre costs for 2 years.
AX071112.jpg

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Nowt wrong with T1-R's, ignore Shilpa!

Looks good, i don't get how the rear camber bolts work. I had camber shims from the Cupracer on mine.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Nowt wrong with T1-R's, ignore Shilpa!

Looks good, i don't get how the rear camber bolts work. I had camber shims from the Cupracer on mine.
He'll be talking about the front. Need shims/spacers for the rear's.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Looks good Dave, Liking the new wheels :D

How are you fiding the dished wheel? is it 90mm dish?. I have been tempted by one, but worried that it will be a pain reaching the indicatiors etc.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
How are you fiding the dished wheel? is it 90mm dish?. I have been tempted by one, but worried that it will be a pain reaching the indicatiors etc.

It is a pain reaching the indicators lol!! You forget though, my other carsa BMW, so i dont use them anyway ;)

Looks mean.

Sounds like a good setup. Passenger lap at Donnington pwetty please?

Of course, just come over & say hi :)

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
looking good dave, you certainly did punish the tyres on the 2118's!

Have just ordered two new tyres, they still have nearly 7mm of tread, but theres no writing on the outsides lol

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Have just ordered two new tyres, they still have nearly 7mm of tread, but theres no writing on the outsides lol

Lol - the two front PE2's were exactly the same after I bought my car off Dave!

Swift Sport
I was told that T1-R's were fine on little cars? I'm running them on the Ignis and they seem pretty good, I've tried to encourage the back end to go but it sticks pretty firm. Quite impressed actually!

Black Gold Trophy
Re: the Sportlines, only driven it home down the motorway so far, but strangely the ride seems to have improved

You are right, both myself and the mrs have trophy suspension, although mine has sportlines and it definitely has the softer ride of the two cars despite it sitting a good 10-20mm lower.

I'm in two minds about the rear anti roll bar, I can't decide whether to fit one or not. I'm also in Surrey any chance of a passenger ride to compare?

Car looks like it will be well used mate!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Thats lovely. White wheels are for steers and queers, ignore those assholes above.

It looks like the perfect mix of useabilty and track prepped.

you deserve a pat on the back sir.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Wheels are spot on

White would be shite on a track car, sod having to removed that much brake dust from White wheels

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I'm in two minds about the rear anti roll bar, I can't decide whether to fit one or not. I'm also in Surrey any chance of a passenger ride to compare?

Definately worth trying one, probably the best change i've ever made to a clio, & ive had 4 lol. Best of describing it, & the forum will generally hate me here, but it gives that little bit of saxo/106 that the clio is missing, ie a significantly more playful rear end. Which imho allows you to set the car up that wee bit better for a corner, & when committed gives you the ability to steer on the throttle as well as the wheel that little bit more.

you deserve a pat on the back sir.

Cheers Daniel. <3 west c**try approval.

PS. White wheels are gay. With black i never have to clean them. Currently on 5 months with no wash, except when Ollie did it lol.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Is it Matt Wills old car???- lol, looks similar-

Lets hope you drive it better round the track-

S

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
PS. White wheels are gay. With black i never have to clean them. Currently on 5 months with no wash, except when Ollie did it lol.

White wheels are sexual when fitted to any Mondial Blue car....

.....as are black.

Win win for me then.;)