ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy Advice.. ?

CLIO 1.2 8V
Hey..

I'm going to view a 55 plate Trophy tomorrow.. :rasp:

Its had one owner and its done just 11,500 miles..

Is there anything I should look out for on the car?..

Any known faults etc?

Is 10k a fair price from a dealer?.. :S

Any input would be great..

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Hey..

I'm going to view a 55 plate Trophy tomorrow.. :rasp:

Its had one owner and its done just 11,500 miles..

Is there anything I should look out for on the car?..

Any known faults etc?

Is 10k a fair price from a dealer?.. :S

Any input would be great..

Ask for the upcoming 12k service to be included in the price!

D.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
You want to check all of the shocks, especially the rears, if there is any sign of corrosion or leaking walk away, unless the dealer is will to sort it.

Check that both seats tilt and slide foward. if not it not a huge problem it is just a case that the cable has fallen out of the channel, can be fixed quite quickly.

As said make sure the 12k service is done, its not a major one, but worth doing before you pay 10k.

Check pads and discs on the front, should'nt be to worn with that amount of miles on them but depends if it has been used on track

Apart from that just check for the normal stuff.

Black/Gold 182
one thing I'd add as a 182 owner is that they get a lot of stone chips on the body work just in front of the rear wheels. You might wanna check and get them touched up if it has any. Check the bonnet catch recall thing has been done (only a squirt of WD40 but still)...

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Make sure cruise works and A/C. End of the day it still has Reno warrenty so thats a pieace of mind.

Id look for dents, scratches and scuffing more than anything.

As mentioned, makesure they service it and stamp the book.

Burgandy 174 sport t
You want to check all of the shocks, especially the rears, if there is any sign of corrosion or leaking walk away, unless the dealer is will to sort it.

Check that both seats tilt and slide foward. if not it not a huge problem it is just a case that the cable has fallen out of the channel, can be fixed quite quickly.

As said make sure the 12k service is done, its not a major one, but worth doing before you pay 10k.

Check pads and discs on the front, should'nt be to worn with that amount of miles on them but depends if it has been used on track

Lol walk away for a leaking shock??? why?

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
www.cliotrophy.co.uk - will answer any possible question you have. And this isn't register on the owners register so if you buy it make sure you register it.

Basically (there's a whole thread dedicated to what to look out for on the CT forum) the main things are seats
- Check they slide and tilt - this is a fix under warranty
- Exhaust mounts can go quite early - again a warranty fix
- Dampers - shouldn't have a problem with them but check for signs of leakage
- Brake pressure can sometimes be low as 99% of RS clios leave the factory with low brake fluid for some reason...
- It may not have been serviced as it's under the 12k interval but most have been as they were bought by car enthusiasts so if it has been it's a good sign.

the 12k service is a minor service, nothing major needed except the usualy fluids, filters etc.

Lee

BMW M2C

If it's rear it's no biggie, but fronts cost a grand a corner and it's highly unlikely Renault will cover them under warranty.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500

LOL I wonder maybe because Renault wont do any warranty work without kicking up a huge fuss. Oh plus £1500 to replace.:S

One of the guys for CT has had an issue like this.

Looking at those images it shows the rear seats been leather, I would be asking where the OE ones are.

I cant give you any info on 377 as it has never been registered on ClioTrophy, but take it for a spin and listen out for any weird noises.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274

if it's the rear shock it's no problem as they aren't that costly and can be replaced under warranty, if it's the fronts then that's a different senario... 4 figures to replace one and you'll have to have an arguement with your local dealer to get one under warranty (i only know of one out of 200+ cars that has gone and that was faulty so was replaced).

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
TBH though on a car which such low milage it should be fine, 1out of 200+ cars shows the build quality of the shocks, compared to Renault OE ones.

Oh and if you do buy it, you will want to save yourself about £30 to get the wiper mod, other wise you will be going to the closet loony bin once you have driven the car for an hour in drizzle.

LEE and CUE will understand this LOL

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
no, you'd need to get the new one first... can be had for £25

Lee

BMW M2C
I've put up with it this long, I'll just leave it now. Although with winter upon us it may be a nice mod to get done.

Burgandy 174 sport t
1000 for a shock!!! ffs I was referring to the back bein no biggy (20 mins to change it tops)

Front is easy to but at that price yeah it makes a difference, pretty shocking that ;)

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
the trophy came with the bog standard stalk but the prgramming to be able to lengthen and shorten the wiper strokes, meaning that when on intermittent setting it swipes the blades every nanosecond. All you have to do though is put in a dynamique stalk - cost around £25 and 10 mins job to change it and you'll have the stalk that should have been fitted (in the publicity shots it was the proper stalk!)

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Shocks are covered under warranty for 3 years.

According to head of renaultsport in france were tested for 40,000 miles on test track so should last years on our roads.

The way mine went today was unbelievable, handling went to another level.

Last edited:
  182 inferno for long time
only advice i would give is take your time view more than 1 to and try to test drive more than 1 then make your choice. try not to get carried away and still haggle, dont just throw money at them cause you like the car. hope you enjoy the car when you get it bud.

pretty hard to imagine they are the original tyres, unless he is a priest or something.
the leather seats for the back where an option.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
pretty hard to imagine they are the original tyres, unless he is a priest or something.
lol, there was no such option. he's obviously replaced them with the ones from a 182 - i know of a couple of people who have done it. set the car's interior off nicely an adult will struggle to fit into the back anway as the Treadlines take out all the leg room.

lol, there was no such option. he's obviously replaced them with the ones from a 182 - i know of a couple of people who have done it. set the car's interior off nicely an adult will struggle to fit into the back anway as the Treadlines take out all the leg room.

well im only going on what i read, someone paid renault to put leather seats in the back instead of the bench. if you ask me thats a waste of time seeing knows the reason it has a lightweight bench is because the car is performance focused, not a comfortable motorway car for 5 people. they shouldnt of even put back seats in the car if you ask me, should be a roll cage there:D

Golf R
The mats say 002/500. Isn't this car a different number?

002 was Paul's old car.. I don't remember him getting specific mats so it's abit of a mystery.

Paul did get some custom mats made up.... so it's one of 2 things - either the car advertised has 'borrowed' pictures from Paul and other Trophy owners, or he has bought them from Paul. I'd find it odd tbh for Paul not to just leave them in the car when he sold it though

Golf R

odd though that in his text he doesnt mention the car has 182FF leather seats... especially as he says he's been the only owner of the car

CLIO 1.2 8V
so i take it you bought the trophy? advert has been withdrawn!

I didn't go in the end as my finance hasn't been sorted out in time..

I'm awaiting confirmation today so hopefully I can go down tonight and view the car..

Thank you everyone for your input theres been some really helpful replies :)

Gaz.. I live in Northwich buddy.. :dapprove: lol