ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trophy cup

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
I don't know the circumstances as to why they wern't coverd and those are Renault UK prices. The irony is that you also have a Renault with the same level of warrenty! You have a strange sence of humour if that makes you p1ss yourself! :rolleyes:

No one is telling you to buy Sachs!! so you're welcome to stick to H&R and KW if it floats your boat.

Major failure is covered but the term "wear and tear item" is a good get out clause for most dealerships - same reason brakes aren't covered.

Don't know who it was that was saying about sticking with H&R et al, but they should try getting any sort of warranty issue resolved with a set of aftermarket coilovers...

Turbos.
All dampers are consumables, so it is irrelevant. All dampers wear, the fact you can rebuild the Sachs dampers is a benefit. An OEM damper you would have to replace. I'm sure 100% of people with standard 172s are rolling around on shagged dampers because they seem to believe they last as long as the car!

What i don't get is that they made 500+ Trophys right? An aftermarket suspension would kill to have that many sales for a set of coilovers. Consequently, you'd expect the Trophy's prices to be cheaper because of the quantity made.

Clio 172 mk2
To put it simply buy a Trophy as they're brilliant cars and worry about the dampers IF or WHEN they go:D

cock mobile.
Would be pointless to do this tbh.

Cup say 5k; Trophy say 9k; that's 4k.

By the time you've changed the seats at 1k; changed suspension (lets assume 1k and forget the sachs issue); changed the manifold, exhaust, etc.

You're looking at close to 3k costs, and the car wouldn't be worth a penny more.

Best just to buy the Trophy in the first place.

Pray tell, did you even find that the sachs units needed refurbing early... perhaps you could tell all us uninformed trophy owners, how many miles will are Dampers last? Are the even servicable or is that all or is that a marketing ploy.. maybe race derived dampers should be throw away item... At least using your facts the £300+ I was quoted for just refurbs only last month means i may as well just buy some cheap (by comparision) brand new replacements.

lmao, i could go on but i've wasted enough of my time on someone who can't produce ONE of their own facts.

I take it you are aware that most components including engine and suspension on race cars are lifespanned to a set amount of running hours? After which they receive either a full strip down and most of the internals replaced or alternatively get launched into the bin and replaced complete.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
Pray tell, did you even find that the sachs units needed refurbing early... perhaps you could tell all us uninformed trophy owners, how many miles will are Dampers last? Are the even servicable or is that all or is that a marketing ploy.. maybe race derived dampers should be throw away item... At least using your facts the £300+ I was quoted for just refurbs only last month means i may as well just buy some cheap (by comparision) brand new replacements.

lmao, i could go on but i've wasted enough of my time on someone who can't produce ONE of their own facts.

I take it you are aware that most components including engine and suspension on race cars are lifespanned to a set amount of running hours? After which they receive either a full strip down and most of the internals replaced or alternatively get launched into the bin and replaced complete.
You've correctly pointed out my exact point there - they are stripped and re-built unless not economical or worth repair.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
a friend crashed his trophy, the ns front damper was £1400.00 from renault
Wait for Tim(e) to come on and laugh at you and call you deranged or something lol.... facts don't seem to register on here, only opinions matter.

Vw caddy tdi
A Trophy is just a 182 with a different paint code, dampers and front springs FACT! To make a 172 cup/trophy you would need 182 hubs, lower arms, roll bars and possibly rear beam and alloys(different offsets) not to mention a set of sach dampers and the trophy H+R front springs to match!! Nice idea tho would be a better car than a trophy 2 be honest..

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
trophy springs are eibach not H&R - custom made for the trophy... everything else you've mentioned is correct except you missed the V6 rear spoiler also :) oh and the traction control system.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
And the wheels, and the seats :)

The pwnage in this thread is awesome heh.

182cup & 172 racecar
I've just read through all this(don't know why)I'm going to have to go and lie down now my head hurts.