ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy detail

172 Cup
Hi guys, i detailed this trophy last year for a friend...however the car now belongs to my brother so we have two rs's in the family :cool:

This was one of my early details so forgive some of my 'techniques' back then, and my photography skills leave alot to be desired lol.

Down to business anyway, the car followed the usual wash & clay process showing afterwards some slight oxidation and marring in the paint, the usual swirling and one or two small RDS, most of which i was able to correct however for a more 'true' correction i would want to go back over some areas with a rotary as at this time i was only using a g220!

The process (briefly):
- Rinsed
- Washed
- Rinsed
- Dried
- Fully clayed
- Rinsed
- Dried
- Taped up
- Fully machine polished with a 2 step 3m process
- A full coat of zymol titanium added
- Finally misted over with Zymol field glaze
- Trims & tyres dressed
- Glass treated

Unfortunatly we were pushed for time so there are no before or during shots just the afters....:

Picture304.jpg

Picture288.jpg

Picture289.jpg

Picture291.jpg

Picture292.jpg

Picture293.jpg

Picture294.jpg

Picture295.jpg

Picture296.jpg

Picture297.jpg

Picture298.jpg

Picture302.jpg

Fav shot of the day ;D:

Picture.jpg

Ive probably missed loads of info (products used etc) since it was soo long ago, and before anybody points out the car now has the centre caps in the turini's lol.

Thanks for looking :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's hard to really capture the red on some cameras, I seen a red TT the other day on DW and the pictures made it look so washed out.

Good job though mate.

Get those arches cleaned you cheap skate! ;)

Very nice, but as said, shame about the photography skillz, it is a difficult colour to capture.

172 Cup
Cheers lads, the arches should really have been done with the rest your right JD :eek: lol. Tbh i wish i could better my photography skills so i could get/use a better camera!

172 Cup
The trophy is my brothers mate, the cup is mine. I/we cant really say which is better as we both say the same thing...that they are soo different compared to each other, the trophy is a mint example only got 19k or so on it iirc :)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I should've said 'you have access to' rather than 'have' sorry... And 19k? Sounds awesome, weren't you gonna get a trophy instead of the cup? I had no idea how much the refurb cost on the dampers, dan was telling me about it the other night

Z4
The trophy is my brothers mate, the cup is mine. I/we cant really say which is better as we both say the same thing...that they are soo different compared to each other, the trophy is a mint example only got 19k or so on it iirc :)

How are they so different?!
Good results mate, it did make me chuckle in your inability to capture the whole car in one photo lol! ;)

172 Cup
I should've said 'you have access to' rather than 'have' sorry... And 19k? Sounds awesome, weren't you gonna get a trophy instead of the cup? I had no idea how much the refurb cost on the dampers, dan was telling me about it the other night

They are just out of my price range at the minute mate...starting to think about moving out soon so will need all the moneyz for that ;)

How are they so different?!
Good results mate, it did make me chuckle in your inability to capture the whole car in one photo lol! ;)

Thanks! But that will probs be your inability to slide the page view along at the bottom of the original post to see the whole car actually in the picture ;)...i just need to resize the pics.