ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy. Detailed.

Z4
This was the last thing I read before I went to sleep last night and I dreamt about it, was near on a nightmare lol! I'm not even a detailer, but the brush had some deep physiological movement haha.

Megane Mk4
You forgot the drill/sander head for getting all the scratches out the paintwork, highly recommended.. Half arsed detailing job indeed. ;)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
FLOL @ the brush on the paint, hahahaha

This was the last thing I read before I went to sleep last night and I dreamt about it, was near on a nightmare lol! I'm not even a detailer, but the brush had some deep physiological movement haha.

Ha ha, im just glad that my little car makes everyone giggle like i do ;)

To be fair, the brush was only used on the lower door area, & on the sills, i prefer to use a scouring pad on the bits higher up, can get a bit more pressure on the paint to really lift all that dirt off ...

i dont understand why you took the seats out? strange thing to do !

looks good but needs recaros!!

Reacro's came out last year when i fitted the Bimarco Futura's - sold them for £750 which paid for the new seats/harnesses/subframes/steering wheel & some R888's. Priorities :race:

In addition, & to be entirely honest, whilst they look lovely, they are actually sh1t seats - the standard 1*2 ones are far more supportive for both road & occasional track use. The bolsters are deeper so you dont just roll onto the gearstick going round roundabouts! That & the fact that well, id rather spend £750 on fuel, or toilet brushes/brillo pads ... :p

Discounted 1*2 parts
In addition, & to be entirely honest, whilst they look lovely, they are actually sh1t seats - the standard 1*2 ones are far more supportive for both road & occasional track use. The bolsters are deeper so you dont just roll onto the gearstick going round roundabouts!

couldn't have put it better!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
In addition, & to be entirely honest, whilst they look lovely, they are actually sh1t seats - the standard 1*2 ones are far more supportive for both road & occasional track use. The bolsters are deeper so you dont just roll onto the gearstick going round roundabouts! That & the fact that well, id rather spend £750 on fuel, or toilet brushes/brillo pads ... :p

I'm 50/50 split on trendlines,

The good:

They look awesome
Provide good shoulder support whilst on B road blasts (atleast I found)

The bad:
The base has absolutely no support at all
They're just as heavy as standard seats

The best recaro's on the market today are the ones fitted to the clio 197/200's IMHO

Stealth 438'd 182
as a bit of a detail freak.. i feel violated.. gonna go sit under a cold shower fully clothed with a bottle of meggys gold class after seeing this! should be named 3 guys 1 trophy lol

Weeman sucks ****
Good effort, but i find washing only half the car with lynx has a better effect

770.jpg

Just sat and LOL'd all the way through this thread. Please tell me you've posted it over on the Trophy forum? Bricks will be shat.

PB Clio 172
seeings you took the seats out when you sell it bet they wont believe you its a 'real Trophy'
I know you said why you took them out but I still dont get it ! thats what makes the Trophy the Trophy !

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
seeings you took the seats out when you sell it bet they wont believe you its a 'real Trophy'
I know you said why you took them out but I still dont get it ! thats what makes the Trophy the Trophy !

Nope, what makes a Trophy a 'Trophy' is the Sachs suspension & pink paint ;)

If i want another set of Recaro's ill buy the alcantara ones out of the later Evo 8. Nom nom nom.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
With all these pictures of clean Trophy's all over the forum i though i had better do something about mine!!!

So i also took some snaps, of what it looks like after 3 months of dirt :slap:

IMG_1508.jpg

IMG_1507.jpg

IMG_1509.jpg

IMG_1506.jpg

Need to do it again really, struggling to see out the side windows now ...

330i. E30 Touring.
G3 and a decent cutting pad. Cuts out the claying, iirc.

That was pre-finishing, obviously. We're not butchers!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member