ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy. Detailed.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
... by FailSport.

So, last night the Trophy got its bi-annual clean
Detailer.gif
purely as Ollie got so fed up with it looking rank that I got ordered over to the bodyshop for a spruce up. Needless to say, as we are all keen detailers, we thought we should document the process we used so that others could marvel at our dedication to cleaning. In addition, by holding the camera, it meant that I didn’t actually have to clean it, I have non-washing standards to keep you see.

Firstly we covered the car in ‘snowfoam’ or to be more exact, ‘Truckwash’. When we asked Ollie what it actually was, he merely stated that it was the type of stuff they used to dissolve dead deer from the front of lorries – apparently it’s also ideal for removing the CL dust & other ground in muck from the paint of limited edition Renault hatchbacks.

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

Having spent 5 minutes covering the car in this stuff, it was time to move onto the actually cleaning. Obviously we used the fabled one bucket method, complete with a sponge that we found on the floor of the sprayshop. I’m not sure what shampoo was in the bucket (from memory, the only thing that is normally allowed to touch a Trophy - according the owners club guidelines - is the sperm from the loins of a young unicorn), but in all seriousness it smelled like Herbal Essence
whistle.gif

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

Unfortunately, on the lower door areas, even the industrial strength truck cleaner & brillo pad/sponge weren’t powerful enough to get the grime off so we had to use Ollie’s secret weapon, his detailing brush. Personally, seeing as he got it out of the bathroom in the workshop, I think it was more than likely the thing they use to clean the bog, but meh, it had bristles
hehe.gif

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

Mike also chose to use it on the door shuts. Hand on heart, these hadn’t been cleaned in 14 months, so as you can imagine, the dirt was fairly in ground! In fact, I bet he wished his hair was as permanent as this, no chance of this stuff just falling out … I didn’t even realise that the doorsills were supposed to be silver.

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1154.jpg

Once that was done, it was all pressure washed off by Nick, & dried by driving up & down the road a few times. The finished article:

IMG_1155.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

Unfortunately (as you can see Mike & Nick laughing at the boot in the last picture), all of this still wasn’t enough to really clean it, with the entire still feeling like a piece of sandpaper, it really does need a longer detailing session next time, it’s actually still dirty in places, so I’ll have to buy a couple of packets of claybars & spray the whole thing with Tardis I think. Followed by a quick going over with the machine polisher
buffer.gif

IMG_1153.jpg

And this morning, I took some better pictures. In my opinion, it looks stunning (from 10 feet away)
drool5.gif

IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1173.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

Hope you love my little sh1tbox as much as I do
love.gif

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Love it haha quality effort. How dare you not have recaros in that trophy :p

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I loves it!

Cleanest in the country!

I wish I had that much time to spend on my car!

Will you do mine for me mate?

How much do you charge?

:eek: <3 x

Megane 225 F1
WOOOoAH. Now I haven't been in your progress thread for a while....BUT WHAT THE f**k HAPPENED? Where is everything? It looks standard?

Titanium 182
Good lad, looks clean - you could have bullsh!tted and said you'd cleaned it with all the brand names and nobody would have been any the wiser, the end result in the pics will look the same (from afar ;)).

Driven not detailed. :race:

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
It has been 'de-evolved'.

Its a relief that Dave has reverted back to standard pads.......any more sediment build up on that paint and it could be called a crust.

Unless im mistaken, this car has been cleaned 4 times in the year or so Dave has owned it.....3 times by me.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Don't worry, it's not a proper Trophy.

OMGZZzzzz.

Ha ha, the standard seats are much more supportive anyway!! Dont look as nice mind :(

WOOOoAH. Now I haven't been in your progress thread for a while....BUT WHAT THE f**k HAPPENED? Where is everything? It looks standard?

Yah, sold the cage, buckets, steering wheel & wheels a couple of weeks back. Had intended to sell it, but with the M3 having a George Best style drinking habit, im now using this to commute in occasionally to lessen the fuel bill lol. Strangely enough, since i put it back to standardish, ive much preferred driving it!! In fact, i havent driven the M3 for a week now :quiet:

It has been 'de-evolved'.

Its a relief that Dave has reverted back to standard pads.......any more sediment build up on that paint and it could be called a crust.

Unless im mistaken, this car has been cleaned 4 times in the year or so Dave has owned it.....3 times by me.

Yup, 4 times in 14 months :eek: i still think that the paint underneath all the grime will be mint though ...

FLOL that write up made me laugh so much!

Glad to be of service ;)

330i. E30 Touring.
Minter from ten feet away!

Gally, if you'd have seen the brushwork, I think they'd still be trying to get your heart going again! It was seriously cringeworthy, and I once washed my car with a yard broom!

It's still on the Sachs..

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Need a trackday to get it dirty again!

Are you from Reading dave? From the memory in the far reaches of my brain I think I remember this in reading a while ago.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Good effort ;) what suspension is it on?

Well, its a proper Trophy, so Sachs of course :D along with Sportlines and a Whiteline ARB.

I carry a spare wheel/R888/toolkit in the boot for the lowz.

Re: Reading, im from Basingstoke, dont think ive ever driven the Trophy through Reading - was probably .Luke. (in my old Trophy).

Last edited:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Re: Reading, im from Basingstoke, dont think ive ever driven the Trophy through Reading - was probably .Luke. (in my old Trophy).

Hi.

I gave mine a mega clean on Saturday, all in love with it again now <3

Looks great mate, although it's not right for it to be that clean.

BG 182
I love your write ups Dave! That trophy is a pure icon! And I can only envy your detailing skills. 90% less effort than I put into cleaning mine yet twice as good results!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
The more I think about this the more it makes me sad, when are you going to sell it to me so I can make it a real trophy again :) Would love to get a 50/50 shot of this I bet that poor red paint is ruined, still it will come back to life with a bit of TLC

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
A lot of it would looook sweeeet!

The Pink bits might be too far gone. I like a challenge though! ;)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
My pinky bits on my trophy were gone, well just the roof gutter jobbies, they werent bad but still annoyed me loll

330i. E30 Touring.
The more I think about this the more it makes me sad, when are you going to sell it to me so I can make it a real trophy again :) Would love to get a 50/50 shot of this I bet that poor red paint is ruined, still it will come back to life with a bit of TLC

It's still covered by some deep ground in dirt.

Needs claying and machining, but you're right- it will come back if we actually try.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Ah ya big gay. Its probably more Trophy than all the other ones, actually gets used for driving. Lots in fact.

As Mike says, would come back perfectly if we could be bothered, the paints so soft i could probably push the scratches out by hand.