ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trophy or DC5? help

M

M7CUO_V6

Ive pretty much sold my v6. Im 95% sure i want a trophy. I want something i can drive quickly with convidence. The vee is great fun in the dry but cant really chuck it about. So Trophy it is...

Although would love a DC5 teg. Vtec engine, great interior good looks awsome performance. The only thing putting me off is the sevice/repair costs and insurance as they are imports.

Anyone owned both or either what you think. Im thinking the trophy is the most sensible option. But who wants sensible...

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
<<<<<<<<As you can see i stayed with the french tart, japs have no soul.

You already answered your own question, you know you want one.

tiTTy & SV650
i doubt you'll find anyone thats owned both, I know for fact that Ali has been in both, maybe even driven both, possibly a few members have driven both. Doubt there's anyone in the world who's owned both, i could be wrong.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
PMSL! Thats like sayin Lada or ferrari! The Vee meets the DC5 on exclusiveness. But the DC5 is leagues about the clio's!

Maz

LY 200
M7CUO_V6 said:
Why didnt you like the dc5?

Don't get me wrong they are a nice looking car but when I drove it, I just didn't get the same feeling as I do from my 182 and the size put me off but hey im a girl so .. :eek: lol

A number of clios
ive driven both cos i was in the same boat id have the dc5 over the trophy any day mate loved every min of it. then i got back in the 1.6 :( and now i cant afford any off them cos of me taking a cut in pay lol

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
as much as I like clio's the intty type r is my first love and the DC5 rocks ass

M

M7CUO_V6

looking at the stats in back of evo, performance figures are pretty even, if not the trophy has the edge to 60.

But which would be the most rewarding to drive/own?

Tangoed Works
DC5 all the way. The only thing that stopped me getting it was 3k insurance. Gonna stick with my 182 for another 4 years and then go mental on the next car.

clio 182 FF
DC5 anyday plus if you were looking to make it faster there are so much more you could do with a teg than a clio, plus the engine is designed to take the abuse ;)

RS Clio 172 Ph1
Yeah DC5 anyday. Will cost you a lot less in the long run - as long as you keep your eye on the oil level it will never breakdown.