ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trophy suspension - how much?

M

M7CUO_V6

^^Why did renault leave the Trophy so high looking then, they spend all this money on the suspension, why dont they have it nice and low if it will ride just as well??

v6 mk2
ive looked up those spax springs for the trophy, motorsport world do them for around 100 quid. 20 mm drop

mmmmmmmm, very very tempting................................

RX8 231 + New Focus CC3
I'd be lookin for 40mm drop i dont think 20mm would look much different when you was on the rd.

but then again would 40mm f**k the whole point of the trophy???
not handle the same i mean.

I'd be lookin for 40mm drop i dont think 20mm would look much different when you was on the rd.

but then again would 40mm f**k the whole point of the trophy???
not handle the same i mean.

Even with just my 10mm drop I found on track that I needed to cut away some of the inner arch liner to prevent rubbing.

40mm drop on a trophy would be too much IMHO.

182 Trophy
What is the point in lowering cars unless it is a track machine and your Schumacer and need a few tenths of a second. Lowered cars just look stupid.

Ph2 172
Depends how low you're talking Tom. Having seen Matt's car in the flesh, the 10mm drop makes a helluva difference. Makes my Trophy look like it's on stilts. I can stand the idea of lowering something enough to ruin the dynamics of the car, but I think a modest drop in most circumstances can look and feel great. Just my tuppence worth though!

182 Trophy
Why would I when have a Trophy. Just get sick of hearing people saying slam it. I would prefer have a 4x4 Trophy and be able to get over speed humps than have a boy racer slammed wagon that doesnt serve any purpose apart from looking like something its not. If you buy a cup racer fair enough it serves a purpose but for the usual driver I think not.

Why would I when have a Trophy. Just get sick of hearing people saying slam it. I would prefer have a 4x4 Trophy and be able to get over speed humps than have a boy racer slammed wagon that doesnt serve any purpose apart from looking like something its not. If you buy a cup racer fair enough it serves a purpose but for the usual driver I think not.

Still sounds like you are driving the wrong car. Perhaps a Micra would suit you better.

Nissan 350Z
Its each to their own really, i prefer the look of lowered cars, but would be reluctant to do so myself for the reasons Tom1 says. Having a decent amount of suspension travel is better for bumpy B-roads.

Its each to their own really, i prefer the look of lowered cars, but would be reluctant to do so myself for the reasons Tom1 says. Having a decent amount of suspension travel is better for bumpy B-roads.

Trouble is we are talking about two extremes here. A professionally modified suspension which reduces body roll while still being perfectly drivable on the road to a 'boy racer slammed wagan' which I agree is looks over function and totally ridiculous.

Throw away comments like 'lowered cars just look stupid' without listing a reason don't help.

Things is he has bought a lowered car, after all the Trophy is 10mm lower than a std 182 cup. It's just the design of the wheels which make it look higher than it is.

182 Trophy
7MATwhat I said was not aimed at you and I can see what you are saying about professionally modified suspension. Looking at your car it does'nt look slammed.

But I stick by my statement that lowered road cars look stupid.

Ye I have brought a Trophy and not a Micra and can appreciate the Trophy is lower by 1cm and I think the stance of the car looks good without looking slammed.

But I stick by my statement that lowered road cars look stupid.

Do you think this looks stupid? 40mm...

Bubbles_182.jpg

182 Trophy
Ye that does'nt look to bad. Its when you start to loose the outline of the wheel in the arch when it starts getting a bit OTT.

M135i
who said you cant retro fit? my uncle has trophy suspension fitted to his 182 cup. ill get pics to prove if you like. damn easy to fit too.

Renault 182
it'll be off another trophy though, not new

I have the rear trophy dampers fitted to my 182 FF, if anything it makes it sit slightly higher than my cupped 182 standard set up.
I've not been able to source the front as of yet.

Does anyone know if their is any difference between the springs on the 182 cupped sus and the trophy???

If so does anyone want to sell me their original trophy springs if you've uprated???

RenaultSport clio 182
ok so ive read in magazine reviews of the trophy that the sachs remote reservoir dampers are fantastic but loads more expensive than the OE items, so exactly how much r they? how good r they? and where can i get sum from??

cheers
hi there new to this site but have read posts for a while i own a 182 and i have trophy suspension fitted and take it from me i have driven a trophy and it is no different i got mine from k-tec racing about 6 months ago i have also had it re-mapped by RS Tunning in leeds it now has 205 bhp and 20ft pounds more torque red line is now 7800

RenaultSport clio 182
hi there everybody new to the site but have been reading posts for a while i have a 182 with trophy suspension and having driven a trophy it drives every bit as good as a trophy i brought the full kit from K-TEC Racing for ONLY GET THIS £670 has been on for 6 wild months now

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
hi there everybody new to the site but have been reading posts for a while i have a 182 with trophy suspension and having driven a trophy it drives every bit as good as a trophy i brought the full kit from K-TEC Racing for ONLY GET THIS £670 has been on for 6 wild months now

£670......dream on!!!!!!!!!!!

Second hand, used.......NOT NEW!!!!!!!!!!!!

K Tec said £3000+ & then some if they could get them.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
the rear supsension on a trophy is fron the standard 182 cup. It's the front dampers and springs that's upgraded.... If you've paid extra for trophy rear dampers you've been had. The fronts though are £1400+ each and, from what i'm told, Reno won't officially sell them to non Trophy owners.

The springs on the front are Ebach and the Dampers are sachs, adjustable remotes, although there not adjustable 'cause reno in their infinate wisdom thought customers would ruin the handling by adjusting them..... possibly a good a point listening to what some people know about the dampers......

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
^^ The rear dampers on the Trophy are Sachs units too

they're the standard ones though, i thought the 182 cup had standard sachs dampers fitted allround, i.e. not adjustable remotes.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
oh, well i stand corrected. Even the rear shocks are special, brucey bonus :)

Lee

BMW M2C
There was no evidence that they were made by sachs on the units themselves. And as I said, they didn't last very long either. I'd had the car 12 months by that point.:eek:

M135i

£670......dream on!!!!!!!!!!!

Second hand, used.......NOT NEW!!!!!!!!!!!!

K Tec said £3000+ & then some if they could get them.

would you like a ladder to get down off your high horse? youngie never said they were new. im sure he could get pics to prove they are on the car if your doubting it!

v6 mk2
i remember k-tec had a set of genuine sachs suspension up for sale, they had bought it off the trophy that got rolled ages ago?? They probably had them to do development and testing then flogged them on after they were finished with them. I seem to remember them on their website for sale for not very much coin, dont know what nick they were in!

RenaultSport clio 182
what's the problem if they're not new only 5k on them and they were mint condtion have got receipts to prove the price by the way NICE WELCOME FOR A NEWBIE g40 steve like my nephew jimbo666 said get off your high horse!

VRS
what's the problem if they're not new only 5k on them and they were mint condtion have got receipts to prove the price by the way NICE WELCOME FOR A NEWBIE g40 steve like my nephew jimbo666 said get off your high horse!

i think you and jimbo should get off your high horses!

u bragged at the price u got them for (by changing to caps) so steve just stated that they must be second hand! end of!

RenaultSport clio 182
i wasn't bragging about the price iwas answering the the posts original question (how much are the shocks? are they any good? and where can i get some from?) sorry for answering the question.