ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trophy/v6 boot struts....?

clio 197 f1
i nearly fell on the floor this morning after renault told me how much the v6 struts were, £65+vat and there currently half price at that, rob dogs

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
That's the one. I bought my spoiler from D4ve F for a cracking price but he warned me of the price on struts, even though he didn't think they were needed.
We need this information to save other poor souls from the wrath of the Stealer. £152.75 for 2 gas struts is obscene. A scrap yard would charge about £5, that's if you couldn't 'conceal' themwhen buying something else.

been looking on rs components web site they do sum 364mm which is just over an imch shorter than standard ... mite av to look into them !

Chocolate Bar™
i have one and it doesnt catch?

cant understand where it should be catching as mine looks fine and hasnt got any paint damage from impacts when opening / closing the boot?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I was given a link on Migweb to a site that sold the components of gas struts so you could make your own.
However, the V6 spoiler in my shed has a slight mark where it caught Daves roof. From this, i could measure at what extension the spoiler would catch the roof and what length struts we would require just to be safe.

clio 197 f1
Middo said:
i have one and it doesnt catch?

cant understand where it should be catching as mine looks fine and hasnt got any paint damage from impacts when opening / closing the boot?

they definetly hit the roof when open, like len_beach says there is about a 2inch mark in the middle of the spoiler.

yay finally got it fitted 2nite looks well smart ill post sum pictures soon ! i managed to get sum gas struts rs ... pm me if u want part number !

Mégane RS
How much were they? was thinking of getting some but i was also thinking of removing one on one side and having a piece of rope or something like the cord stuff that keeps the parcel shelf up to keep it from hitting the roof