ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophys for sale!?

Trophy #473
6 months ago when I was looking for a Trophy you could pick one up circa 6500 for a lowish milage example... they all seem to be over 7k now!?

whats the score!

Same thing can be said for 147 GTA's they are all around 7500/8k now when they used to be 6500/7k

Nathan

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
prices of some used cars are rising, as alot of people arn't wanting to buy new at the minute. all IMO of course

Clio 172 RS2
So you lusting after a 174 GTA in Pearlwhite...

Prices of new cars come down and prices of 2nd hand have stabilized.

Just like real estate... timing is essential.

Trophy #473
Prefer the Trophy ;)

Also, whats the crack here; I pay £500 insurance on the ph1 172... but quotes for the trophy are coming out @ £950! WTF

Prefer the Trophy ;)

Also, whats the crack here; I pay £500 insurance on the ph1 172... but quotes for the trophy are coming out @ £950! WTF

It's because it costs £30,000 for new shocks when they wear out after 10 miles... apparently ;)

Trophy's have never been that cheap ! The cheapest i've seen one go for was £6500 that was probably because the seller wanted a quick sale.

A trophy is usually circa 7k, depending how desperate the seller is sell will depend on how much you pay for it.

The same applies to the 147 GTA, they have been circa 8k for ages now, maybe when the higher tax band was mentioned prices dipped a touch, but it's not happened (on pre 06 cars) so prices will have gone back to how they were.

I've seen trophy's for 6500 round my way with 36k miles.

With the credit crunch everyone is buying used therefore that market has stabilized

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
That's no whit yer maw said.

when we next all having a meet anyway danny you ****? I need to show you the new beast, and I bet your exhaust STILL isn't fixed ;)

kisses xxx

How i love your potty mouth... :cool:

Soon i hope mate, and as a matter of factual i got a Stealth Super Sport put on it the very next morning ya ride, last i heard it was faster than teh FN2's.... xxx

clio trophy No56
It's because it costs £30,000 for new shocks when they wear out after 10 miles... apparently ;)

My Trophy is now on nearly 69k and havent had the dampers replaced yet, car still handling well. Although they will probably be due a referb in a few thousand miles or so, which is a bit cheaper than £30,000! Approx £170 per side plus £20 delivery costs. £360 isnt bad to have what are just about new dampers fitted appart from the shells, they rebuild the whole thing with new parts just about. ;)

clio trophy No56
6 months ago when I was looking for a Trophy you could pick one up circa 6500 for a lowish milage example... they all seem to be over 7k now!?

whats the score!

Nathan

Possibly because of the 'Credit crunch' and the fact that alot coming up for sale that i have seen a few months back havent been owned by people who know what the car is. You can still get them for £6500ish @ 40000miles ish but also if you find a low mileage one your looking at £8500, a one on pistonheads just sold for this amount, think it only had 15k on the clock. You will find the cheaper ones probably have the cam kit change coming up.
Also alot have now had damper referbished, new rear disks, exhaust mounts, aux and cam kits done, suspension arms all adding up to approx £1000+.

My Trophy is now on nearly 69k and havent had the dampers replaced yet, car still handling well. Although they will probably be due a referb in a few thousand miles or so, which is a bit cheaper than £30,000! Approx £170 per side plus £20 delivery costs. £360 isnt bad to have what are just about new dampers fitted appart from the shells, they rebuild the whole thing with new parts just about. ;)

lol, thanks for explaining that to me.

Everyone else realised my post was made in jest of the standard uneducated CS response to the shocks.