ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trouble with router...

Hello i'm having trouble with a new router i have just bought. I'm a bit of a technophobe when it comes to stuff like this so bare with me.

My old cable connected D-Link packed in a couple of days ago so bought a wireless-g Netgear, which is for cable connections as well. My plan was to just change the routers over and not worry about the wireless. I was told when i bought it that all i had to do was connect the router up, open up my internet browser and get taken through a step-by-step instillation. This isn't the case though, all i get is "address not found" message, on both computers. All lights on the router and modem are on so activity must be fine, but i am stuck for what to do next.

Hope there's enough there and any help is much appreciated. Cheers.

A3 1.8T
Go to Start -> Run -> type CMD press Ok

Type ipconfig (press enter)

Look for your Default Gateway - Most likely 192.168.0.1 / 192.168.1.1

Type that into your browser, this will give you access to the admin/setup of the router

Mental 172 Cup
username is admin

password is password

u need to go into setup wizard and have you log in from your isp handy as u will need to put it into the router! just basically follow onscreen :

Thanks for the help so far.

Right, i managed to get into the set up wizard, only on one computer my second computer, i can't get it to work on the main computer that the modem is linked to but was told that doen't matter? Followed onscreen and now says i have a connection but still cant acces the internet.

Am i right in thinking that when i connect the router i still should be getting the internet through the computer linked to the modem? I lose connection when i do this but the activity light on both modem and router are still flashing. Am i missing something or have to do something else?