ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trupart brand items?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Anyone had any real experience of this brand?

Not 'I had a mate.....' Internet gossip please :)

Bought some steering arms that were cheap, and got them today and look fairly sturdy (need to get my oem off to compare) but wondering if anyone has used this brand before?

Not fussed on bushes or ball joint as I'll be using poly/aftermarket rcas

Arctic 182, GTD
Have dealt with their products in the past as worked in parts sales, weren't great to be honest. But if you are only using the metal / cast part I wouldn't be too worried, the bushes / joints would be the most problematic things to worry about. If I remember correctly they just buy their suspension parts from another company and rebrand them, possibly QH? This was 5+ years ago though.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Have dealt with their products in the past as worked in parts sales, weren't great to be honest. But if you are only using the metal / cast part I wouldn't be too worried, the bushes / joints would be the most problematic things to worry about. If I remember correctly they just buy their suspension parts from another company and rebrand them, possibly QH? This was 5+ years ago though.

Yeah @JB21 suggested same. I was worried about the welded joins on the rear subframe bushes but doesnt look too bad and the metal looks a decent thickness.
Will know best when I have an oem to compare.

Ta