ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trying to help...

Alan1.2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio dynamique
Basicly my mates after his first clio and showed me the one hes going to view, its listed for £2425 its done 28,000 miles and is a " 1.2 campus" on a 57 plate

It seems fishy to me , just with the millage and price , also the fact of the back ? i thought a campus on a 57 , which i never even knew existed , would have the licence plate on the bumper ? help please lads ? :S

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Well if you want to HPI a car you're looking at buying, it's rather difficult without the reg no.

You can't drive around with the number plate covered up .. I just dont see the point ?

I looked on DVLA tax website but it's not telling me anything other than it's a 1160cc black car.

:(

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
s.gif

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Manufacturer: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Renault[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Colour: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Black[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Model: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]CLIO CAMPUS 8V[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Engine Size (cc): [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]1149[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Type: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Standard Car[/FONT]

Alan1.2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio dynamique
So would this mean a possible change of bumpers ect ? cause its clearly not a campus is it ?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
The first campus' didnt have the odd bumpers.

My guess is that it was sat in the docks for a couple of years and registered very late.

Alan1.2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio dynamique
Would that then explain the good price on it ? Hes not jumping in to buy it , just got me curious when i seen it.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Bumper and boot changed imo.
then the front bumper would be the later campus type. the grill is that of the later non campus and the early campus'. So tbh I wouldnt be that bothered. HPI should throw up any problems.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Plenty of campus' disguised as normal MK2's.

Infact, I've seen a couple on here recently as it always leads to people arguing that it's not a campus as it's not butt-ugly haha !

Is £2.5k cheap for a car probably made in 2004 ? Not in my books... No thanks.

Ph1 172 + insurance instead lol :eek:

Alan1.2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio dynamique
So say it was made in 2004 and registerd in 2007 , could this not mean we have some potential pikeys from abroad driving it for 3 years and clocking it ? or im i being thick ?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
As in it rolled off the production line in 2004 (maybe) but the order was cancelled, so it just sat in the compound till it was registered on 2007

Alan1.2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio dynamique
Haha i know hee haw about that side of things as iv just displayed haha ! :approve:

As Sash already said, early Campus models looked like that, they ran from 55 plates to 56 plates, and this could well have been one which has been left unregistered. Does look a bit sheddy though, wonky splitter, peeling paint on the front, stupid tints etc.