ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tuning advice cams ,itb or rs2/sm inlet

172 Turbo
@ADS1982 I'd sell the RS2 if you're doubting it.

Personally, I love my bodies, the noise is incredible. I could've saved £1200 by using one of these inlets but future mods would be restricted and it wouldn't sound as it does now!

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon

Personally, I love my bodies, the noise is incredible. I could've saved £1200 by using one of these inlets but future mods would be restricted and it wouldn't sound as it does now!
Cheers Keith yep itbs are awesome I bet

BG 182

That's exactly why I'm in between yes you save £1200 but I think in the back of my mind I'd be thinking I got second best

Plus I'd love that noise

172 Turbo
RS2 sounds like a really loud induction kit, the noise of ITBs is something that all lovers of modified cars know.

That induction hammer that they give is like nothing else, plus you've got a point where in the future you can do headwork & add cams and see real gains.

Sadly, to the average bloke in the street when I come home at 10pm as I did tonight, the pops from the exhaust and induction noise is frowned upon :D

dan's cast offs.
when i've got my 182 up and running will throw my sm inlet on it just to see what difference it makes over bodies.

182 will be forged, 84mm, high comp, ald head, oversized valves, 197 crank, billet flywheel, shcrick cams, pms exhaust manifold and pms 48mm bodies running with adaprtonic.

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
when i've got my 182 up and running will throw my sm inlet on it just to see what difference it makes over bodies.

182 will be forged, 84mm, high comp, ald head, oversized valves, 197 crank, billet flywheel, shcrick cams, pms exhaust manifold and pms 48mm bodies running with adaprtonic.
Build thread, because that's a drool worthy build !

RB Clio 182
I wish I would have gone for a simpler build like this rather than the turbo route and saved £££££££!

dan's cast offs.
@bloke get a move on, I want to know what the ALD heads do!

am way to busy at the mo to even think about my own build:worried: had a fire a few units up the other day so got to clear some cars out of another unit and empty that out so that's going to cause chaos as well!!

andy reckons the head will do 240bhp easy enough with right cams, just made up i got the schrick cams.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Anybody know why the price of the SM inlet keeps changing all of the time? I looked the other day and it was around £500 Posted, Now it's £590 Posted?

dan's cast offs.
I wish I could build an engine...

How hard can it actually be?!

it's pretty easy but it's also easier to c**k one up!! time consuming mainly, part build, measure bits, strip, adjust/tweak, repeat etc...
then clean everything up and final build, if you're being thorough 2-3 days easy enough for a build.

172 Turbo
it's pretty easy but it's also easier to c**k one up!! time consuming mainly, part build, measure bits, strip, adjust/tweak, repeat etc...
then clean everything up and final build, if you're being thorough 2-3 days easy enough for a build.
would it be worth me getting a cheap engine, ripping off the head, sending head to ALD and then fitting 421s to it? And using stock bottom end?

dan's cast offs.
would it be worth me getting a cheap engine, ripping off the head, sending head to ALD and then fitting 421s to it? And using stock bottom end?

might as well just buy a head and send that off to him, probably be cheaper way of doing it.

dan's cast offs.
What they like on boost

would be fine as it's pretty thick ally. i was going to use mine on a low boost set up if it didn't perform well but has proved itself. for the cost though i wouldn't of thought you would get much benefit over a standard inlet unless you were running high boost or looking to get those extra little bits of power.

main advantage would be no heatsoak as inlet wouldn't be going over top of the engine.