ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tuning advice cams ,itb or rs2/sm inlet

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
I have a ported ALD head, had schrick cams but sold them, might just try and get another pair, it that's the case with cam recommendations.

172 Turbo
when andy (ald) did my head he said to use the wildest cams i could without going solid lifters.
What kind of cost is involved in swapping the head?

Got price from ALD, expecting to be over £2k with a PMS manifold and second hand cams in the mix

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
@bloke get a move on, I want to know what the ALD heads do!
My PH1 ran a ALD head, supertec valves, 421's with ALD ported inlets.

Standard air filter housing.

Car made 192.1 bhp and 160 lbft on RS tuning rollers. [emoji2]

Just to add, Paul said my injectors where almost at max and the air box/elbow was restricted.

Make of that what you will, I wanted my car to look oem under the bonnet so I wasn't interested in chasing number's, it was quick enough for a road toy. [emoji106]

Last edited:
  dan's cast offs.
not sure what would work best with different inlets,
What kind of cost is involved in swapping the head?

Got price from ALD, expecting to be over £2k with a PMS manifold and second hand cams in the mix

can do you a good price for head change:wink: done three over last ten days, last one was with bodies and saved a good hour or so overall.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I've run Piper cams myself (bp285s) with matched inlets, PH1 cat, Ktec catback and Ktech induction kit...197.1bhp on a ph2 172...I have the print out somewhere.
It was the mapped again by Dan at sjm as the air fuel ratio was dangerously high when done by the previos mappers and installers, I've no idea of the figures then but it felt a lot better and took a full second and a half less to go through each gear.

dan's cast offs.
It'll be coming to you, once I've done Anglesey in September, just trying to decide on the next stage of mods.

it's a bugger when you do head etc as you get the parts costs as well, belts, gasket, bolts etc so can mount up to a scary old bill to say the least!!

it's worth considering pistons as well as it's not much longer once head is off to stick a set of high comp ones in.

172 Turbo
Know I'll be due belts, Andy has said £350+ for the head, then the rest + it'll be the final stage for me at NA so do the exhaust at the same time plus mapping.

It's going to be a huge bill!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I did all of the work on the PH1 myself, still wasn't cheap.

I even hired my own transporter and drove the car to leeds. [emoji2]

stebat

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
had both mapped by chris. no drilling anything. did mine first on standard cams and then threw a set of cams in.
Hi, @bloke I'm on the Wirral and just bought myself a very nice 172 with a few small tweaks and Ktec 438 Cams achieving 204BHP! But I would love to gain another 10-15bhp normally aspirated. Here you mentioned you have added an SM inlet with Cams and mapped at EFI, what sort of BHP did you acheive please mate.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Pretty sure you would need high compression bottom end or head work to get more bhp. Again I’m pretty sure you won’t get a reply from @bloke.