ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tuning RSi

i recently read a review which an owner had written for his RSi and he stated that he carried out a Phase 1 tune-up which took him from 110bhp to 145bhp and could run a 1/4 mile in 14.8 secs - does anyone know what this kind of tuning would involve?

cheers.

ive got a modded RSi 93/k, its running 118 - 120bhp at the moment, the only engine mods ive got is:

K&N induction kit (which im gonna dump for a viper kit)

Power boost valve

Full magnex system + piper de-cat pipe

My local Motorsport garage have quoted the following:

£650 - Skim head + Polish ports = this will realease extra 10 - 15bhp (giving engine approx 130 - 135bhp)

£950 - as above + reprofile cam = this will realese = 25bhp (giving engine approx 140 - 145bhp)

Dont know what else to expect from the Piper X viper kit ive got on order but should release some more power.

Another quote i got was for a Unichip to be tuned and mapped to my engine for £400 +vat, realeasing around another 8 - 10bhp...

So all in all all that should see the 1.8 8v engine pushing out around 150bhp.

So about £1500 would be around the mark i reckon for some serious power...

DrG

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

no not you i meant me i said £2500 which is wrong

you said £1500- you are right

sorry for confusion i wasnt saying you were wrong

:D - ahhh right, read it wrong. You might not be far out though, i know other places charge a packet for similar mods

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

true fast phil shop around if you do get things done

could end up costing a bomb

um, sorry for rainig on your parade,

but you wont gain 10bhp from skimming the head and polishing the ports!!!

a nice polish definately WONT help with power....

and for £650 i could go to town on your head....think of a fully flowed head (about 35hrs work!), chemically cleaned, skimmed, repainted, 3 angle valve seats....the lot!

That WILL give you the 10-15BHP you were looking for. and coupled with TBs and a cam you could well be looking at a 150bhp......even more if you really tried hard.

My 1.6 MK1 XR2 is running about 150bhp with one of my own heads.

benR - u in england?

if so fancy a job. depending on price on my valver?

(obviously depending on where u are too)

in bristol,

any job, and cheap.....if the heads fine and doesnt need any other work.

Ill email you a pic of the head i have just finished.

FRST and 106 GTi

could anyone get me some pictures of the RSI engine on the engine bay? Dr G ?

Need to clear something out.

mailto:butre_msg@hotmail.com">butre_msg@hotmail.com

Thanks.