ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tuning

Clio 182 Replica
I've just bought a Clio 1.6 16v 182 replica, awesome car (much better than my pug 207 lol) its nippy but i want more out of it, before people say just buy a 182 i cant afford the insurance yet which is why i bought the replica..

i was thinking engine mod wise:

jms induction kit
supersprint manifold
sports cat
and remap

is that some of the best performance mods i can do?
how much bhp will be gained?
is there anything else i could do on top of that?

any advice would be nice

ty :>

LOL at 40bhp, if only.

jms induction kit - Just get one from renault - 2bhp
supersprint manifold - 3-4bhp
sports cat - 2bhp
and remap - 6-7bhp

probably 15bhp max, and that might be generous

Clio 182 Replica
lol thats pretty crap, i overestimated quite a bit lol, ill still pobs get the induction kit just for the sound, cus i mean it is nippy maybe ill just wait for a bit then get the 182 or V6 thanks for the advice :> much appreciated

JMS is suited to the 2.0 engine and not the 1.6 variant. Enlarged throttle body from the Megane F4R is supposed to be good and a remap from fastchip might be a shout though.

by the looks of your post, you aren't looking to declare the mods, here's a suggestion:

if you declare it, it will cost more than to insure a 182 (i assume you are younger than 21) i can guarantee it.
if you don't declare it, prepare for the extreme consequences there are!

Trophy, Audi TT,
Yup, if you modify and don't declare, you might just as well not bother insuring... Have a look at the link I posted above.

Even cosmetic mods are notifiable now. My mate is an insurance assessor, he looks out for modifications all the time as it's the insurances way of getting out of expensive claims. The other thing they will do is say that if th modifications had been declared, the premium would have been X percent higher.... They then reduce your claim accordingly

Hope you have declared that yours has been modified to look like a 182... It's not only performance mods they need to be informed about... So many things influence premiums!

Last edited: