ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbine colour

'92 172, Lotus Elise
Been spending ages stripping my turbines for a refurb and now the time has come to actually paint them

was wondering on colours. after seeing Remedis pics of his white ones, the look good, but dont know if they suit the colour of my car

i've done a photoshop, opinions?

Orig:
DSC_0255_lowered_cropped_small.jpg

White:
whitewheels_small.JPG

Black:
blackwheels_small.jpg

Last edited:
  A silver Honda
They look good in white but i think black or dark grey might look better against the green.

With a polished lip maybe?

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Dunno mate they all look nice, personal prefrence ennit. Although dark is nice ppl who dont have know how may mistake them for steels. I like white nice n clean.

'92 172, Lotus Elise
hehe, but i'm currently running some steelies w/ no hubcaps.. looks dire

don't think i could cope with the resemblence tbh.

will do a photoshop of anthacite now, hard colour to do

no idea how to make the lip polished

:edit: comes at very similar to original

Last edited:
  '92 172, Lotus Elise
i do have a few cans of 995 floating around, but i think it might be too much green for me to handle ;)

Chocolate Bar™
car looks mint freebone :D^ tbh i think they'd look nicer in anthracite than black against the green

'92 172, Lotus Elise
well, i've primed the first one in white.

its already showing all the dust, marks etc...

So i think it would just be easier to paint them dark grey again (black looks too much like steelies)

Also, if anyone has seen the inside of a turbine, they will know how fiddly it is. so much so that i cant really get in there to sand. think i'm going to leave the inside bit :p

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Middo said:
car looks mint freebone :D^ tbh i think they'd look nicer in anthracite than black against the green

cheers mate....looks even better now the new wheels are on...am so happy..lol

dark grey does look nice yeah

VW Golf GT TDi 150ish
I think the white ones are the best tbh, altho a biatch to keep clean!!!

Rob has just put these on his, Kinda suit the car but there may be a wee to bit much black... And yes I know its missing a front wheel stud!

RobCarBlackAlloys001.gif