ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

turbo 1.2 16v

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

hahahah very funny stop chuckeling, who knows the link for that site where the kit for the turbo for the 1.2 16v???

mk1 172

Is it worth it?

Realistically?

What type of power are you looking at getting for what will be some serious money

100bhp?

None

Heard ages ago that K-tec were developing one and would cost around £2500 taking it upto about 130bhp

Lionel Richie

you could get about 140bhp out of that engine on throttle bodies

you need to get rid of that inlet manifold regardless, its crap

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

yer tell me bout it, its like a metre n half long lol, tell me whos does them tbs? or cams etc

Mk2 Golf GTI

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 08 June 2005

you could get about 140bhp out of that engine on throttle bodies

you need to get rid of that inlet manifold regardless, its crap

Arent the heads supposed to be a pretty rough casting too? ie could benefit quite well from headwork

Lionel Richie

the ports are tiny

the actual inlet length is approx 1m long!!!!!!!

Jenvey could do it, but they would have to make a custom inlet manifold + you would need a custom ECU = £4Kish

Mk2 Golf GTI

b****cks to that, would be better off with a 172 conversion. Doesnt someone do them for around £3k?

Fred how much do you think it would cost to drop your engine running around 200bhp?

RS4

it wud be fun if you did get it, jus out of interest how fast would it actually be? as in 0-60 times

wudnt u be better of gettin a 1.6 16v engine an puttin that in an tuning that up?

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by spirez on 08 June 2005

b****cks to that, would be better off with a 172 conversion. Doesnt someone do them for around £3k?

Fred how much do you think it would cost to drop your engine running around 200bhp?
yeah its arround the £3K mark for the 172 engine conversion

how much to drop my engine in with 200bhp? more than £3K

mk1 172

why not just buy a 172?

Surely the associated insurance with a turbod engine would be more than insuring a stock 172

So instead of spanking 3k on a conversion, sell yours, gives you 5-6k (dont really know what your car is worth) for a 172

Just a though

Lionel Richie

some people arent sensible Dave, im one of those people!!!!

i could sell mine and buy a 182, and then spend around £5K+ making it handle and perform how it should

or drop my "special" engine into mine (which already handles and stops)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

mien handels and sort of stops, looks gud n i knowit inside n owt, think ill give k techa ring see wot they say

ST

Quote: Originally posted by ben_p on 09 June 2005

mien handels and sort of stops, looks gud n i knowit inside n owt, think ill give k techa ring see wot they say
Didnt you get a 106 gti a month or so ago?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

didnt get the gti for various reasons, money, spent to much on mein lol.............i juz wana be different, n wana wastegate or dumpvale sound, n again juz wana do sumthing new

I think its just plain poinless turbo-ing a 1.2, as most have said you may as well buy a 172, or a clio with a bigger engine than a 1.2 & turbo that instead.

To put things into perspective i was reading fast ford the other week (shock horror) & van aaken do to a turbo for a fiesta zetec s, which makes it 130bhp !!
for the performance figs shown they ought to have saved to 2.5k & bought something faster.

Incidentaly, where Joel Dee ? he used to have 1.2 turbo under his avatar.
;)