ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo 1.4 16V

Clio 1.4 16V 2006
has anyone ever turbo charged the new clio 1.4 16V?

if so around what would it cost??

cheers

LY 182
Too much for very little.
i think you are wrong,, i think its a gap in the market thats been overlooked.

put it this way if more power had to be had from that particular car id rather spend it turboing that than say a 172 conversion.

ITB'd MK1
i think you are wrong,, i think its a gap in the market thats been overlooked.

put it this way if more power had to be had from that particular car id rather spend it turboing that than say a 172 conversion.

got to say I agree totally. modification for me isn't just dropping a bigger standard engine in. Got to love doing what you can with what you have :)

and whats the insurance on a turbo'd 1.4!!!
at least the 1*2 comes from the factory and isnt a boged job tbh

How the f**k will it be "bodged", Im guessing insurance on the 1.4 would still be cheaper,

i think you have had too many shrooms mate

im 99.9% sure an insurance company would be alot happier insuring something that a main manufacturer has tested rather than something that a bloke in in garage has 'made'

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
They would be happier, yeah, but im not sure if it would affect the price THAT much, also cheaper tax and more of a sleeper..

Clio 1.4 16V 2006
21. i just wanted to know if it would be possible, how much it would cost and how much power it would add lol.

cheers

Ph1
Personally think this would be a waste of time too but its each to their own.

A turbo'd 1.4 would have to find 80 odd bhp just to match the levels of a stock 172 engine.
To take it well over 172 performance level would require some serious wedge.

Far better VFM and probably a lot quicker buying bargain priced 172, stripping it to a bare skin and lumping some decent suspension on

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
21. i just wanted to know if it would be possible, how much it would cost and how much power it would add lol.

cheers

Youd probably get 100hp depending on how much boost your running.

The k-tec kit is about 6k, Then add new brake setup, suspension.

LY 182

you wouldnt need new brakes or suspension

1.4 16v runs the same brakes as a williams on the front (which is 150 bhp) and drums on the rear which produce more effort than the discs on said williams, so they are fine

no need for suspension we are after power at the moment

mines 180bhp on 1.216v suspension and brake dimensions and no problems

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

im assuming you mean a 100bhp gain and not actually 100bhp?!

no need for new brakes and suspension unless you want to. you could turbo it for cheap, there was a K4M turbo cutting about in europe somewhere running a tad over 200bhp from memory

Evo 6, E92 320d
bbpt were after someone to fit a new turbo to a 1.4 and 1.6, £2.5k, power estimated between 130-160bhp.

Clio 197
you wouldnt need new brakes or suspension

1.4 16v runs the same brakes as a williams on the front (which is 150 bhp) and drums on the rear which produce more effort than the discs on said williams, so they are fine

no need for suspension we are after power at the moment

mines 180bhp on 1.216v suspension and brake dimensions and no problems

your saying you are getting 180bhp from a 1.2 engine?? how???

1.4 clio & ctr ep3
what, its possible withought changing the engine?? you would have to spend more money than what the car is worth!

LY 182
what, its possible withought changing the engine?? you would have to spend more money than what the car is worth!
wrong

well,, depends how much you like the car/have the modifying bug

i so so badly wish i hadn't of sold my old 1.216v engine i'd have loved to see what i could get out of it

ITB'd MK1
wrong

well,, depends how much you like the car/have the modifying bug

i so so badly wish i hadn't of sold my old 1.216v engine i'd have loved to see what i could get out of it

should be able to get one for about £50. I'm quite up for this too, though I'd probably start with the turbo'd version from a mk3/twingo

M

mini-valver

A lad on the Nova forums a while back got about 110bhp from a 1.2 8v, lol. Idled at 3k mind!

1.4 clio & ctr ep3
u would still av 2 spend more than what the car is worth doing it up to tht kinda spec. dnt care how much will u have or how much u have the modifying bug!