ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo 182 vs Jackson charged ep3 comparison

Cayman S, RB 182
Hi I have a 182 just now which I use for track days. It's standard engine wise but needing belts et done (i have these sitting waiting) and I'm looking at the following options.

Fit cams just now and itbs later

Belts and keep standard power

Belts and then 230 bhp kit

Or belts, head gasket, megane pistons and 270 bhp kit later (is it possible to run with the pistons and head gasket without map)

I used to own a Jackson charged ep3 with 310 bhp which was awesome, but I had just got a different job and ended up stripping it and trading it in for an evo 9.

Has anyone driven both a turbo 230/270 bhp and a charged ep3 to draw any comparisons acceleration wise, obviously power delivery is different but I'm meaning capability/acceleration.

Cheers

Cayman S, RB 182
Cheers for the Input. I'm a nightmare when it comes to making decisions, I change my mind day to day.

I do plan on keeping the car and hopefully doing a few rounds of SLS in it next year. Just don't want to end up regretting not doing the work while doing belts

SQ5
You don't need to do belts to supercharge, Only change the bottom pulley, which can be done cheap whilst doing belt.