ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo 197 on the way?

Havent seen this mentioned anywhere..

" Apparently an even hotter Clio with a turbocharged engine is on the cards. Watch this space"

Source

SLK 350
If they release a turbo version with Cup chassis, I will give in to Fred's advances and sell my whats left of my anus to Yozzasport.

If you're listening Renault, release it....NOW!

R

rich[182]

;)I've heard that the new turbo isn't a turbo at all, basically at 3000 rpm the driver is ejected from the car thus saving an average of 15 stones weight to give so the car looks to be accelerating under the effect of a turbo ;)

Or it could be youve misread the Renault press release

"RENAULT CHARGE-SUPER PRICES FOR THE 197"

SLK 350
Actually I just round a .PDF detailing the engine modification, apparently Renault went into partnership with Turbonator - Should be interesting!

Black 182 + Recaros
Here we go again. The 182 turbo never materialised either.

Without the V6 alternative, maybe they will do it....lets hope so

SLK 350
Neil i'm serious, Turbonator are really pushing their products into OE cars, according to this .PDF there's talk of a 25bhp increase, and a nice 38ft/lb torque.

You heard how the XKR sounded on TG last night with that Supercharger? Well with the addition of an exhaust spinner too, that is nothing on this new 197 Turbonator.

Mark my words, the Hoff speaks truth!

Not likly. Why bother pushes it to a new level price wise plus there no engine and box to use give it 225hp and the Megan looses out as the bigger car plus what box to use stock 197 one is already near the limit. I love the way they say the 1927 F1 has race car suspension I think the race teams midght disagreed any drive would definatly be able to tll the cup racers are about as similar as my car it to one as there car is.

There probably on abot the rumoured GT type model.

Tangoed Works
Bring it on, a turbocharged smallish hatch aka R5 GTT is well overdue. I would seriously consider chopping my 182 for a turbocharged 197!

Leon Cupra R 225
It's not happening. The next step up from the popular 182s is the R26 Meg. So stop speculating!