ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turbo exhaust housings

Can I change the exhaust housing on my (I think) t28 for one with a v-clamp and have the turbo sit in the same place/orientation?

HBT 172 Cup
As long as the housing suits the correct inducer/exducer/trim of the exhaust wheel. Grab a picture of the turbo.

I've only got 2 poor ones...

c136fced01db5db5d5ab14177779ef2f_zpseede963c.jpg

i wanna get rid of that stupid 5stud thing as it's making making a new down pipe a f**king pain!

67bd250a.jpg

IMG-20110519-00207.jpg

What do you mean deeper? Like I said the 5 stud flange is making life really difficult for me so I'm hoping to come off a v-band straight into a bend rather than what I currently have to do.

my main worry is its orientation on the manifold. I currently have about 2 inches behind and about 5 mm in front of what I have now so any movement forward is going to be no good for me.

I'll have a look at that site, thanks

HBT 172 Cup
That adaptor looks cool but its expensive lol, can get a whole housing for that price
I dont think your going to find an off the shelf Vband outlet housing for a T28, they make them for the popular models, 2860RS, 2871R, 3071/76 e.t.c but not really for the old T28's that have minor variations accross models.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
This is the reply I got from my supplier:
Hi Chip,

We don’t keep it in stock but I have a shipment leaving today, so if you ordered it before 4pm I could have one here by Thursday, if not it will be around two weeks.

Thanks for that chip. I've managed to do something with that stupid 5 stud thing a monitor. If I f**k that up I'll give you a shout to get one for 2 weeks if that's ok?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah sure.

will be around 65 quid delivered apparently, depending on exact exchange rate at time of ordering.