ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo failure again

Clio 1.5 dci 65 2002
So I took my Clio for a turbo replacement as it was gone, after getting it back the garage is saying that the engines got too much pressure therefore is blowing the turbo. HELP please is that true can what could it be

206,172 Cup,focus,X5
"The engines got to much pressure " wtf !!!!!!

Even if the engine had "to much pressure" when its running thats the job for the wastegate to limit the boost/pressure

Sound like bull mate.

PH2 172
So I took my Clio for a turbo replacement as it was gone, after getting it back the garage is saying that the engines got too much pressure therefore is blowing the turbo. HELP please is that true can what could it be

Sorry,has the replacement turbo blown?Are they talking too much boost,or too much oil pressue?

Clio 1.5 dci 65 2002
Sorry for the late reply I when down the garage and now it dropping oil out the rocket cover. His saying its the bottom end pressure that's causing the rocketcover to piss out oil. He also said that he has checked the oil breathers. (They send it off to be replaced)

Sorry for the late reply I when down the garage and now it dropping oil out the rocket cover. His saying its the bottom end pressure that's causing the rocketcover to piss out oil. He also said that he has checked the oil breathers. (They send it off to be replaced)

If it's breathing then it's knackered rings. I took one apart today that the oil scraper ring just fell apart when I popped the piston out the bore.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Had anyone noticed if we are talking about a f4r turbo or a dci ?

if a dci , it actually states on the turbo replacement instructions to replace oil feed and return lines / clear out intercooler and pipe work.

I've done allot of dci. Engine changes now and it still takes me 8/9 hours to do everything properly ( not bodge any old bolt in any place o leave a few out )

10/12hours is optimistic on an f4r I'd suspect being more crammed in the bay.

Im betting the return has been restricted and kill the turbo, done more damage to the engine from it

Clio 1.5 dci 65 2002
They are now saying Its the headgasket as there's a oil way from the bottom end the the head.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
and what does oil do when i leaks out of an engine.... it goes everywhere. gravity will pull it down.

if your cam cover is pissing out oil, i'll be running down the head onto the headgasket and everything else.

VERY rare a head gasket goes on a 1.5dci !

Clio 1.5 dci 65 2002
The cam cover is leaking but I replaced it about 2 months ago, what pressure when the cars running should you feel out the oil filler cap and dip stick.