ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo pressure solenoid valve wires

Clio RS Trophy 2016
Hi Folks,

I just noticed this on my Clio RS Trophy (2016) and had a Google for the part, it seems to be the turbo pressure solenoid valve.

The car seems fine, other than a bit of a engine ticking noise but the car hadn't moved in 2-3 weeks and the oil looks a bit minging, but other than that there's no symptoms.

Would it be an easy enough job to fix up the cables & do I need a new connector. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-01 at 18.45.03.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-01 at 18.44.55.jpeg

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Looks to be just enough of the wire left to make a repair.

You need some rodent traps down, you've got mice.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Is there much play in the wire? Can you disconnect it and make it shorter rather than trying to repair the broken wire?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Soldering the existing/remaining cable with some shrink wrap?

Cut it off, solder in a short repair patch of wire and solder that back onto the loom. Thats assuming the damage near the plug isn't worse than it looks.
You'll need to chop abit more of the pink wire out, looks like it's been chewed a fair way along the loom.

Unless you can get the exact plug?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Get some new wires re-pinned with the same ones that are in the plug and then splice those into the wiring after you've cut off the bad bits.

Use heat shrink butt crimp connectors if you can't solder very good. Nothing worse than a dry joint. Or if soldering, use heat shrink with the glue inside to make a waterproof seal.