ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo Route Anyone?

Superwoman90

ClioSport Club Member
  Peugeot 207
I'm relatively new to Clio's but thoroughly enjoying the car on track days etc. They are a lot of car for very reasonable money.
However, has anyone gone down the turbo route for £4k? What are your experiences ? Can you safely add a turbo without any further mods or do you need to add further mods to compensate for the extra power/torque?

monaco 172
I think the standard block is only good for about 230hp so low boost. Anything more than that will require better internals

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Tend to run into issues more readily too with heat management etc, particularly on track.

I used to run a boosted track car, i don't anymore as issues kept ruining my days. I added more handling orientated mods and lightness instead and since that never had engine issues again

Superwoman90

ClioSport Club Member
  Peugeot 207
Tend to run into issues more readily too with heat management etc, particularly on track.

I used to run a boosted track car, i don't anymore as issues kept ruining my days. I added more handling orientated mods and lightness instead and since that never had engine issues again
Nice one, that kind of first hand information is very helpful and probably made my decision for me. I tend to go to track days with friends who run heavily modified Imprezas and generally they run into some type of issue/s that spoils their day, were I experience trouble free driving...... Hope I'm not tempting fate with that last comment!!
Much appreciated 😉

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
don't get me wrong, boosting a little Clio is a proper giggle and an absolute riot on the road, but hammering round track in one inevitably ends in something breaking or even just temps stopping a long session. I intend to boost one of mine again eventually, but it won't be a primarily track oriented car anymore

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Supercharged would be the way I'd go for a track car.

Smoother power delivery, so they're kinder to the gearbox and less heat management around the bulkhead area because of no turbo manifold needed.