ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo talk

I have a spanking new 172 arriving in a couple of weeks. I dont wanna rip the thing apart in the first month but I wouldnt mind fitting a hybrid turbo.

You guys seem pretty clued up on this so, any advice?

What power increase would I gain? How much would it be? Where do I go to do it? Best makes to use?

Anyone else got a turbod 172?

Lionel Richie

You dont want to rip it apart, but you want to install a turbo on it??? eh?? you pretty much have to rip it apart to install a turbo on it!!!! Captain will show you the pictures!!!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Mate, I suggest you do a search for the word "turbo" and then do a LOT of reading...

This is a hot subject on here and its already being done one a couple of 172s.

Theyll be ready in the next few weeks hopefully.

Myke..

What do u want to know m8 ! ??

there are 4 of us here in the process of the mod..

I managed to obtain 4 developmet units from reno for the f4r turbo unit in the velsatis and aventime..

so far...

8.5:1 custom forged pistons..

172 engine assembly..

aventime turbo inlet manifod and exhaust manifold complete with MHI TD-04 / 10 turbo assembly...

172 head and cams with vvt.. more to enable r****d of inlet cam phase on boost..

working on best ecu mod combination at the mo.

Joe.

it wont be cheap.. but, a damn sight cheaper than buying the parts from reno or having them made.

Jesus!! I dont mind sayin that Im outta my depth here. I have a modded Corsa at the moment (until my 172 arrives this month!) but Im now wanting to learn about engine mods and performance ehancement. I didnt realize that the turbo route would be so involved!!!

Cheers for the help but I think I need to swat up a little!!

Is this going to be the best way to get more power/torque? What would you suggest to get an additional 20-30% bhp?

Mmmmm, most boy racers (not saying your one) have NO idea about engine modifications, parts from zorst, air filter, etc. Most seem to think you can just bolt on a turbocharger and go.

Modded Corsa....WHY???????

Cheers, Simon

Myke, to gain 20-30 percent, you need some SERIOUS mods m8..

throttle bodies will help.. but supercharge or turbocharge will deliver the goodies, and more..

Joe.

Simon, good point mate. But we all gotta start somewhere. Right?!

Joe, whats the best way for me to spunk a grand on my car then? Can you point me in the direction of a good website for more info?