ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo Trophy anyone??

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Titanium 182
I wonder how Turbotrophy is getting on with his, Steve from Sunderland - His is supposed to be the DADDY, not seen it in a long time

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Fiesta ST2 MP215
Probably worth that tbh, 5K just for a crap trophy, bits alone worth well over that, ECU separately will fetch a tidy sum.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Fiesta ST2 MP215
Wife says I can Turbo mine anytime I want........... if I sell the Caterham which she despises.

Would love to have a go in a boosted one, doubt anyone is willing to part with the keys for 10 mins.

Chi

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Z4, VW172, R26
Wife says I can Turbo mine anytime I want........... if I sell the Caterham which she despises.

Would love to have a go in a boosted one, doubt anyone is willing to part with the keys for 10 mins.

Take mine for a spin if you ever see it...

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
What gets me is how the power just plummits after 5.250 rpm? Is this normal for this kind of build? Seems odd!

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  HBT 172 Cup
Its ultimately still a small turbo so it just doesnt have the lung capacity to flow large amounts of air and hence dies off at high rpm. But its very effieicnet at low RPM, twin scroll, fast spooling e.t.c that gives it ridiculous torque low down.

Trader Rating - 100%
19   0   0
  340i
I am pretty sure the guy used to be on here... His name is Darren and he lives in Ilkeston, mates with John182rs.

Originally that engine in his tatty Ph-2 172 iirc?

EDIT: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/member.php?38801-DMS this is the guy who I was thinking of.

I could be completely wrong and there could be two high powered 1*2 turbos in the same County and same owner name?

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Countryman JCW
My Turbo Cup is forsale for less than half the price of that, and all it needs is a few hundred quid throwing at it to get it to 300bhp. I think 10k is steep personally.

Its not a Trophy though i admit...

Chi

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Z4, VW172, R26
Keep it and finish it off. If you have to start from scratch it will cost you loads more and the time and effort. .

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
I am pretty sure the guy used to be on here... His name is Darren and he lives in Ilkeston, mates with John182rs.

Originally that engine in his tatty Ph-2 172 iirc?

EDIT: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/member.php?38801-DMS this is the guy who I was thinking of.

I could be completely wrong and there could be two high powered 1*2 turbos in the same County and same owner name?

i brought the car off Darren stone, it was in a sorry state and I had to rebuild the engine on it for mine.

​doubt it's him as he sold his original 172 due to lack of funds.