ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo without a remap??

clio 172
Hi everyone. Here's the thing.. Labour is very cheap in Mexico, as well as garret turbochargers, so I can get one fitted to my 172 for the equivalent on 500 quid, intercooler and all. Don't picture a ghetto setup (I know, for this price i would picture that if I were brit!), it's just that labour is so cheap... The manifold, intercooler lines and installation will come to 200 quid.

Anyway, I was thinking, what's the highest boost that you can get away with without actually needing a remap (and putting the car in limp mode!). 3, 5 psi?

I know, The remap would give me the most out of the turbo, but there are so few renaults around that I cant trust someone to remap my car.

So, how high can I go?

Cheers!

Last edited:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
any turbo imo is going to need a remap. BUT i beleive paul at RSTuning now also does a similar service to Fastchip where you can have an ECU map tailored to your car and emailed to you to be uploaded with the RStuner or RSTuning box (depending on who does the map)

clio 172
Thanks for the answer. I've sent some emails to Henk (rstuner?) but it seems they are out of stock on the tuners!

I guess I could map the car myself.. Most mapping software is kinda universal, right? Just need to spend some time with the books to figure the engine out I guess!

Back on topic, I was guessing that the map sensor will trip a fault light at X psi. What will this value be?