ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo your 1.8 rsi/ 1.9 D

On Saturday, I spent most the day rummaging around scrap yards looking for parts for my clio, now any one with the clio rsi will be interested to hear that, after 3 or 4 hours off sinking in mud, I noticed a Renault 19 1.9 Turbo diesel right next to a clio rsi. I popped the bonnet on the 19 only to see what looks like a 1.8 rsi lump, but it’s not. It’s a diesel with a turbo at the back of the engine. Now the rsi lump just looks like the 1.9 diesel one.. like what’s in the clio1.9 diesels and the 19 TD the only difference I can see is the rsi has spark plugs where the TD has glow plugs, and there is a different fuel injection system on them both. and different fuel filters and stuff. Now getting to the part you are all waiting for…. The inlet and outlet manifolds on the 19 1.9TD are the same fitting as the 1.8i 8v (rsi) and the 1.9 D. I don’t know as yet if it would be possible to transfer the turbo but it look’s like it would, and I will find out this Saturday.