ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbos

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

dunno but I want a turbo in my 172, I dont care if I just got 5bhp more from it cause its the dump valve I want..

Dump valves own.. wasnt some company developing a bolt on kit for the 172 ?

Not as far as i know, theres been a couple of threads about companies who have done them. Are BB Tuing gonna be doing one??

_KDF you can get dump valves for NA cars, but you will loose power and youll need to do a lot of looking about to find someone who has them.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 15 January 2003

_KDF you can get dump valves for NA cars, but you will loose power and youll need to do a lot of looking about to find someone who has them.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

LOL ts an air cannister connected to the gas pedel and when its right up it lets some air out making a "poof" noise.... hahahahahhahahaha

Why would you only want 5 bhp for just the dump valve noise _KDF?? the lag your get from having the turbo etc i would rather a n/a... besides big dump valves are old now...

you can get a turbo on a 172, some posted a pic here of one in a month or so ago, looked mad, was about 4K for 250bhp conv. i would post a pic but cant do it cos it dont work!

jesus! not a bolt on is it! i bet that wouldnt void the old warrenty!!

I can see myself now explaining it now to the renault dealer!

"i didnt blow it up, Honest it came like that mate!"

4k.... sh*t me.... I would rather have a full throttle body race conversion done that benr was talkiing about.... Would be much more drivable than a turbo.. and throttle bodies have a better sound than a gay poof

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Get TBs instead. They sound wicked and like Steve says they will probably be more useable. Or you could go for a Supercharger instead and get rid of the lag caused by a turbo.

havin seen it im not sure i like the look of it, probably go for throttle bodies although i gotta admit i miss my turbo

I dont know to much about the science of Dump valves on NA cars. All i know is you DEFINETLY can get them. I saw a letter written into one of the modified car mags last year, i found a company whilst doing some research on it soon after but i cant find their details!

Dont get me wrong turbo cars are a good laugh, when i first heard dump valves i thought wow. They are just on every bloody boys turbo I see!.. But they are not a cornering car the power is not always there when you need it. Anyway just get a skyline r32 GT-R and you wont need dump valves as the waste gates make enough noise!

all the older blokes ie more than 23 (includes me ) will remember all the mental group b rally cars in the 80s the wastegates used to chirrup like f**k sounded way cooler than a dump valve