ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turini's powder coated.

This was what I had shamefully been stuck with (thanks to the previous owner) untill I could get time off work to drop the car with Max Powder.

20120220-r17m29j51wftwi1t5pr9pg34wr.jpg[

Also had Hankook V12's put on whilst they were at it:

20120220-aamxuny8i18y7tbwfkxbxk8ju.jpg

The center cap match is quite a way off but Kirk ( At Max Powder) offered to re do them but dropping them off and picking them up is a bit inconvenient so I'll do them myself when I have time.

20120220-m2np4q9s5tcny9ju3rm9i194j.jpg

20120220-f4dh458jafide5jhkx96e25xdu.jpg

20120220-p7ctg7q211un61g5jk7qp71kk6.jpg

Very happy with the quality. There were a few parts which had been filled which came out in the stripper, I was asked if i wanted them welded but this would have meant waiting until Monday which I couldn't do as I need the car to get to work. Liquid metal sufficed and unless you get down on your knees and eye **** them you can't see.

I would recommend them if you're in the Herts (Hemel Hempstead) area.

Lovely. Much better. How much if you don't mind me asking?

£50 per wheel plus VAT. I had my tyres delivered there which was handy.

It's a powder laquer, I'm told, which is more durable and should last longer/be stronger than regular wet laquer, 'it darkens the shade slightly and isn't quite as shiny' but tbh I couldn't see a difference.

RB 182 FF
I don't think the centre cap looks too bad as it is TBH, fair play they look lovely! Good job, I love fresh rims, they improve a car no end!:D

Iceberg 172 Cup
£50 per wheel plus VAT. I had my tyres delivered there which was handy.

It's a powder laquer, I'm told, which is more durable and should last longer/be stronger than regular wet laquer, 'it darkens the shade slightly and isn't quite as shiny' but tbh I couldn't see a difference.

damn, a guy does this near me for a £POUND per wheel INCH, with VAT inclusive! If anyones interested he's in Dewsbury?

Bit of a bump for this.

Unfortunately this hasn't lasted. Admitedly I did make contact with a kerb in the snow and also get caught out by another in the dry with the window down (that noise :headno:).

The rear right is flaking off the back of the wheel and bubbling slightly and the front two (each kerbed slightly) are also flaking so they definitely haven't been powdercoated :mad:

In fairness when I mentioned the rear to him a few weeks ago he said he would redo it out of goodwill but haven't had any response since. As I'd like them done properly I'll go elsewhere and buy some steel wheels and winter tyres to get me through. Annoying to say the least.

Edit:

Is there a particular offset or anything I need to bear in mind when sourcing steel wheels?